Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How will Ashes of Creation Adress the Issue of Gold Sellers or Leveling Boosters?

spinnered13spinnered13 Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Hello, this is my first post here and I came here after watching Asmongold's Q&A with the CEO.
I am curious on how the developers plan to tackle the people who will sell gold for money or sell boosting or other items?
I am really worried to be honest because when I searched for "" ashes of creation "" on google for the first time the first thing on the front page of google was an advertisement on This website that is planning to sell gold or boosting for the game.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure if it's anything like FPS games, but the devs don't talk about anticheat and what they are doing to try to keep the hackers as in the dark as possible to how they are gonna beat their cheats. It may be the same deal with goldsellers in MMORPGs. I'm assuming they will come down on them with the banhammer.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The statements that I know of that IS has made about this: The monthly subscription will make it more difficult for gold sellers which should result in less such activity, but not impossible. There will be automated systems monitoring of suspicious transactions. Steven believes in perma-banning. Player reporting will be available.

More info:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Payment_model
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    I dont think Ashes will have any type of level boosters....at all.
    So if you want it, you're going to have to earn it.
  • Options
    It will hopefully involve active GMs, transaction (and others) logs monitoring and a decent report system.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Balrog21 wrote: »

level boosters are people who offer people to boost their levels for money, not an in game shop like in wow
  • Options
    @spinnered13 yeah, steven talked about this as well in one of his interviews. There will be systems in place to monitor such shanannigins. :)
  • Options
    DDunphyDDunphy Member
    edited September 2020
    The large amount of time it takes to get a toon to max level, and be able to farm such things to sell would also make real money trading less appealing, alongside the subscription price for that entire time they are maxing a profession, or what have you. Bots also won’t be a problem in my eyes, where there is open world PvP with raw materials dropping.

• Options
    SneakzSneakz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Balrog21 wrote: »

I disagree. People will and do anything for real life or even in-game money dude, saying this wont happen is Naive, it will attempt to happen but the question should be how will it be stopped? and I assure you they wont stop them all.
    The statements that I know of that IS has made about this: The monthly subscription will make it more difficult for gold sellers which should result in less such activity, but not impossible.

Man, monthly subs doesn't do shit for WoW.. it will mean the price for gold will be more to cover the subscriptions, there is hundreds of thousands of bots on WoW. I just hope AoC has some dope software to target them and keep on it!

• Options
    @Sneakz sorry, I'm sure it will try to happen, sorry i didnt make myself clear enough, but Steven has said on multiple accounts that there are/will be systems in place to help combat this.
    I do believe however that the vast majority here dont want them in the game and reporting will be done on a grander scale than in other games.
  • Options
    It just comes down to if the bots can make on average more than 15$ after creation before being banned for them to exist
    “Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil.”

― Plato
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tragnar wrote: »
    It just comes down to if the bots can make on average more than 15$ after creation before being banned for them to exist

Yep - and to that end, that $15 pushes up the price of gold that they'll sell (compared to F2P) which should also help discourage our community from purchasing off them.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My small addition to the discussion.

The ability to stop all this is a ongoing battle and IS appears to be ready with in game GM's, which is key. Sure will cost a lot to post or shout with selling... but somehow our worst enemy always finds a way. The only truly affect way is using real live humans to monitor and execute the EULA. Lets just hope IS doesn't reduce staff a few months after release, like so many companies do. One only has to look at L2 to see what a joke software driven antibot was. Gold spammers literally sat in the open, surrounded by players in town, and nothing was done. Shouts, pm, mail was a constant issue.

With all that said... actual enforcement that affects the seller is never gonna happen as the IRL laws are not followed by countries that provide safe harbor for these pieces of trash. I would love to see it... a company go after several countries who could care less about the EULA. Not going to happen but...

Stop buying and stop sending money to farmers in China, Russia, and others.