Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Killboards?

Will kill-boards be a thing? I know they're not allowing any add-ons but I think kill-boards are something that's important for guild siege planning and stuff. Maybe this was already discussed but I missed it.

Comments

• Options
    Killboard? What do you mean?

Honestly I'd like some sort of ranking system - most PKs, Most Bounty Kills etc.
  • Options
    You mean like in a WoW battle ground? A "score board" or sorts?
  • Options
    Do you mean a kill feed, like in battlefield? I don't think so. But if you're talking about a killboard like in EVE, I doubt it.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Leader boards maybe?
    Keeping track of kills, deaths, DPS,HPS that kind of stuff. For sieges. Doubt it. The arenas maybe.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the OP meant something like zkillboard for Eve? (it lists alllllllll the pvp kills happened in Eve Online and associated info, e.g. where did the kill happen, ships & players involved, damage dealt, weapons used, modules fitted on the destroyed ship ... etc. etc.)

It makes sense for Eve, a space-themed mmo to have these kind of information available, but in Ashe's case (fantasy world setting), it's an immersion breaking thing.
    Why should I know about all the kills that happened 30 nodes away without myself investing a significant amount of time scouting there? spy magic?

(somewhat off-topic) Speaking of information availability, it might be interesting if a node's player-government gets access to some sort of local statistics (e.g. number of combat kills & murders (corruption kills) happened within zoi, amount of economic activity, what kinds of goods were sold on the market ... etc. etc.). That would probably provide even more incentive for players & guilds to participate in politics and compete for power.