Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

For Siege massive PvP, I've heard the game "Planet Side2", for many, got it right in its day.

I remember talking to my brother about Planet Side 2. He adopted the name "Tactical Command" because of all the tactical (cool) things his character's role offered in the process of the massively multiplayer PvP system of this game. He did a lot of intel/ reconnaissance which is defined as the exploration of an area to gain information. An example of recon is a visit across enemy lines to scope out the enemy positions. I'm excited about the capture points etc that have been talked about for Ashes of Creation. I'm hoping even more immersive tactical behaviors/tasks/roles are implemented in the capture/defense of objectives like castles. Maybe slipping behind enemy lines hours/days before siege to set up something that benefits the assaulters etc. etc.. My ideas are currently a bit simple to me, so I've been impressed with the AC Team's creativity and vision. The Ashes of Creation team has something of value developing. bravo <3

Comments

• Options
    I loved both Planet Side games. Lotta potential here with AOC. Can't wait for the chaos to unfold and the attempt to tame it.
  • Options
    TimeraiderTimeraider Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do have to agree Planetside did do a very good job making engaging big sieges while still making it important to play strategical. There were ofcourse things they didnt handle to well, but that part was very well done.

Some people were overseeing/commanding, some were scouting.. others were anti air or anti vehicle units, tank units, frontline fodder ... everyone had their role.
    Even me whose role it was to go with 1-2 other people in stealth behind an enemy base and snipe down enemy snipers and people using the turrets and cannons felt like i was at least contributing in some way ;D
    SoulfulDisastrousIrukandjijellyfish-small.gif
    A being can not judge light if he has never seen it, neither can he judge darkness if he never has been it
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    It is worth noting that a number of senior developers at Intrepid worked on both Planetside games.