Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion - Guild Post Board

MakiiiMakiii Member, Phoenix Initiative, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I'm suggesting a Post Board function either within the guild tab/guild hall. Something that lets you petition other members or your guild to help running a dungeon, acquiring an item, grinding out some mats, etc. Spamming a request every 20 minutes in guild chat until someone feels bad enough to help you sometimes deters me from asking for any help at all from my guild mates. It could also be a great place for announcements for the guild, somewhat like an integrated forum board.

Comments

• Options
    interesting idea but I would almost expect it to be ignored even more than spamming chat would, especially if it's something where you have to physically go to a guild hall to see and/or edit. I think it would need some sort of timer system to make sure it doesn't get overwhelmed with old posts that people never bothered to take down.
  • Options
    Excellent idea.
  • Options
    truelytruely Member, Alpha One
    i like the idea as there should be guild targets to aim for, probably based on their local nodes
  • Options
    halbarzhalbarz Member
    edited October 2020
    @OP Maybe good to rename the thread to Guild ideas as a lot of people could pitch in different ones just like yours which is fantastic :)
  • Options
    VhinxVhinx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Irohnic wrote: »
    interesting idea but I would almost expect it to be ignored even more than spamming chat would, especially if it's something where you have to physically go to a guild hall to see and/or edit. I think it would need some sort of timer system to make sure it doesn't get overwhelmed with old posts that people never bothered to take down.

I agree the concept is good but how to actually do it so that people would look is hard.
    The Order-
    g5ybg7eb1zhp.png
  • Options
    Vhinx wrote: »

I agree the concept is good but how to actually do it so that people would look is hard.

well the roleplay/immersion side of me says a physical board in the guild hall would be ideal, but logistically speaking I think a UI menu that you can open up and post to anywhere in the world would be the only way it would actually be used.
  • Options
    MakiiiMakiii Member, Phoenix Initiative, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

well the roleplay/immersion side of me says a physical board in the guild hall would be ideal, but logistically speaking I think a UI menu that you can open up and post to anywhere in the world would be the only way it would actually be used.

No one says both isn't possible even if the board in the guild hall is just for show and most people use it as a build in UI Menu.