Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Macros for combat?

HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hi, here is the link to the voting:
https://www.strawpoll.me/21007028

I saw a discussion on the AoC reddit regarding macros in the game, because it didnt get much attention i thought about creating a discussion here. Macros can be good if there are way too many buttons to press (like in WoW). From what we know, AoC wont have that many skills to use at the same time, so in my opinion it would be good for the game to ban the use of macros in the game, because they prevent a comparison of skill and are boring to use. What are your opinions? I dont really have much experience with this topic, so please enlighten me.

Comments

• Options
    Are they not allready banned?
    From what i got no 3rd party software is allowed, including keyboard and mouse macros.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Xenotor wrote: »
    Are they not allready banned?
    From what i got no 3rd party software is allowed, including keyboard and mouse macros.

If thats true then great! Maybe i didnt do my research good enough
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They disabled Macro usage to combat scripting/botting.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems#Macros
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    addons and macros are the cancer of mmos , people that use them have a big advantage over people that don''t
  • Options
    only macros i think are appropriate are targeting macros but not necessary. Talking about in game macros
    like target add cast interupt target previious target.

But if they want one function per button. Be cool if lets say I had a traget spinnered13 button could be done through drag and drop, or traget (instert name of mob) button. Spinnered13 just so happen to be the member that did the previous post.

Just trying to get away from ckick targeting. If the drag to key binding square method was used then technically it would not be a macro, but still the serve the function.