Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Epic Monster Coin event suggestion

MedrashMedrash Member
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
I like the general idea of a monster assault to the node , it's one of my favourute, so i have some suggestion and changes for you.

1. The randomness of the epic boss isn't that great, expecially becouse it's a rly important and major event. It can lead to a random advancement or destruction of a village. So why not making it an event that depend on the player activity?
For example a ritual or a devil path that a player/city can do to get the coin and use it against other nodes. A dungeon reward ... that will give to the village the power of calling the help of the dungeon boss when needed. For pvp or pve events. Or a simple deal with monsters.
The random coin for now i suppose is a temporary feature i suppose.

2. The Epic monster reward isn't a good idea for me, or at last it need to be a minor improvement. A crafting item or few materials. becouse this way when a player get the coin he can use the monster transformation to attack his own city to give all the reward for free to himself and his node. He can use it , go afk and get the boss reward lol. So this coin main utility must be to attack other nodes and deal damage to them, it's not needed any reward at all.
You can maybe do the ritual in the opposite way, instead of getting the coin power you can summon the monster directly and kill it to get rewards. Like a simple raid/dungeon boss. Or maybe the reward is the coin itself .
The monster reward can be the coin itself xD so each time a node kills it he gets his power to call revenge to the one who summoned the monster, or simply attacking another node. This will be pretty balance and fun.
Also the coin must be droppable ... this will lead other people to try to kill the one who carry the coin (the mighty burden), to get the power for themself. This can also lead to some war between nodes and makes the coin bearer a special one with an important rule and duty. This remind me of Naruto xD and his ninth tail ... so fun.

Comments

• Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    "Monster coin events are system spawned events.[4]

They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.[4]
    Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.[5]
    Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.[6]
    Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.[7]"
    Quote from the wiki.

1. One of the monster coin event´s trigger is player activity
    2. Do you mean by "monster reward" the hunter certificates? Thats a completely independent system from the monster coin system.
    Monsters do drop hunter certificates that can be exchanged in nodes for rewards. They are dropped when you are pked and act as some sort of reward for the pvpers that have to bear risk thats involved with corruption.
    Also mobs might drop materials and items, bosses even drop crafting recipes and maybe also monster coins from what i remember

And i dont think the monster of monster coin events should drop the coins, this would end in an eternal coin revenge cycle and inflates the number of coins without having to do much to obtain them.
  • Options
    @arsnn

What's wrong with an eternal coin revenge? Is this not a pvp game? :tongue:
    Of course the number of coins should be limited to a certain ammount. It needs to be a rare item and hard to get.

1. i don't get your answer on this point ... what player activity? i ment the epic one, the zombies are triggered by a node event yes, but the "boss" it's totally random, the dev said.
    2. I'm speaking about the monster coin reward, not the hunter one. When you kill the epic boss it will give rewards to the node and make it stronger. That's what the dev said. So i don't think that this weapon of distruction need to give any upgrade when defeated, it's a weapon ... not a reword . When i send a coin monster to an enemy node what i want is to destroy and not make the enemy stronger. Watch the video when the player uses the coin to transform into a monster, to directly attack the enemy node.

• Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The rewards for using a monster coin are cosmetics. So, actual benefit of gaming the system is low. You cannot a attack a city that you are a citizen of. I would think there will be further restrictions on attacking allied nodes.

One of the main points of having monster coins is to make encounters less scripted. As defender against a monster horde or even a boss, you probably will not know if you are going against scripted AI or a player. At least not at the start of the fight. It will change how the monsters play and hopefully make them better.
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Players cannot spawn the events with the monster coin. The player can only join an already existing event with the use of a monster coin.

Players cannot use a monster coin against their own node.

These events are triggered by all sorts of activities in the world.

These systems address most of your concerns and can be found very easily on the wiki.
  • Options
    @FuryBladeborne
    @vmangman

Thz for the comment, i probably underestimated the devs capability ^^ of course those concerns will not present, i hope.
    Anyway i gave you some suggestion for this time of events, i whould like to see more player interaction to those ... this is a mmo, then it's better to build the world aroud players choise and not random or timed events.
    Also building a city, ar a house/towen doesn't explain me why and how it will trigger a monster invasion.
    I like more the idea of some sort of ritual or intereaction with a dongeon. Otherwise it will result artificial.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Medrash wrote: »
    @FuryBladeborne
    @vmangman
    Also building a city, ar a house/towen doesn't explain me why and how it will trigger a monster invasion.
    The only example that I am aware of was described by Stephen. I think it was a few months ago on their regular twitch streams. The details are hazy but it went something like, as the node grew in size (increased in level) mining operations opened up nearby and tunneling reached a dragons lair causing the dragon to move out and attack the area (becoming a world boss).

Hopefully all such developments in the world will be have fleshed out stories showing their events that we can play through. For example it would be nice to walk down the tunnel in the previous example while searching for ores and actually break into the dragons lair on discovery.

One can hope...
  • Options
    @FuryBladeborne

Yea!! A bit Minecraft style xD .
    Everyone can hope