Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2

JesusHealYouJesusHealYou Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
When is alpha 2 starting? sry if question was already asked or if its in wrong section

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Some way off yet I'd imagine
  • Options
    After Alpha 1 is finished.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What we know about the release schedule:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Everyday I pray that they let me throw up to 100$ at upgrading my pledge with alpha2 to be alpha1 or just allow alpha 2 into alpha 1.

I seriously don't want to play shadowlands, but I will if I got nothing else going on.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    If you are a Kickstarter backer, you can upgrade your package. Just log into the site and go to the store. You will pay the difference between your package and the one you want to upgrade to.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    Everyday I pray that they let me throw up to 100$ at upgrading my pledge with alpha2 to be alpha1 or just allow alpha 2 into alpha 1.

I seriously don't want to play shadowlands, but I will if I got nothing else going on.

Look out for Lost Ark. It is supposed to come out for the west any time this or next year.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Hope they say something about it in next live stream..
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2020
    rogonja wrote: »

Spoiler alert
    they won't. Nor will they the live stream after this one, nor the one after that, or the one after that. Alpha 2 is very far away.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If you are a Kickstarter backer, you can upgrade your package. Just log into the site and go to the store. You will pay the difference between your package and the one you want to upgrade to.

Vhaeyne wants to upgrade to Alpha 1 which is not currently for sale even if you buy a package that previously had it. Steven has said, if they reach a point where they can handle more people in Alpha 1 then they may reopen sales for it but it is not currently available.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vhaeyne wants to upgrade to Alpha 1 which is not currently for sale even if you buy a package that previously had it. Steven has said, if they reach a point where they can handle more people in Alpha 1 then they may reopen sales for it but it is not currently available.

What sucks is that I kickstarted "Chronicles of Elyria", which failed. I wish AoC was on my radar when the Kickstarter was live. The real butt kicker is that Elyria did not even look that good. I just wanted to support something fresh in the MMO landscape. I need a time machine.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options

What sucks is that I kickstarted "Chronicles of Elyria", which failed. I wish AoC was on my radar when the Kickstarter was live. The real butt kicker is that Elyria did not even look that good. I just wanted to support something fresh in the MMO landscape. I need a time machine.

Was hyped for that shit too smh 😒😭
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »

Spoiler alert
    they won't. Nor will they the live stream after this one, nor the one after that, or the one after that. Alpha 2 is very far away.

Lets wait tommorow and see what they have to say i saw staff member answering somewhere on forum we will know dates soon so maybe hopefully they holidng it for next stream tommorow fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    RedFloRedFlo Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Even if they are talking about dates tomorrow, i can't believe it will be Alpha 2. Best case is some talk about Alpha 1, with a new estimate for the start
  • Options
    BobzUrUncleBobzUrUncle Member
    edited September 2020

Kickstarter backers can still upgrade to Alpha 1. Just log into the site, and you will see the levels above what you backed. You can upgrade to them.

You are correct that the current packs cannot be upgraded to A1. But I specified that Kickstarter backers can. We don't know if that person was a KS backer or not. Maybe they are and didn't know.
  • Options
    Kickstarter backers can still upgrade to Alpha 1. Just log into the site, and you will see the levels above what you backed. You can upgrade to them.

You are correct that the current packs cannot be upgraded to A1. But I specified that Kickstarter backers can. We don't know if that person was a KS backer or not. Maybe they are and didn't know.

Steven 😇07/11/2020
    To clarify, Intrepid packs were discontinued to keep the participating testers below the 10k threshold so as not to exceed potential issues on our backend. My statement just now was, if testing goes fine and we are able to handle the number of players fine, I do not see an issue in offering additional intrepid packs. Alpha One was not exclusive. We did indeed end sales for the past 2 years.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-1

The statement seems clear. Alpha 1 sales have been suspended for 2 years unless you can somehow get access to Intrepid packs (whatever those are). The sales were stopped to stay below 10k testers. Adding more isn't ensuring that goal.

I can upgrade my kickstarter; but, since I already have Alpha 1 access I can't test anything. However, I doubt it would prove anything even if it showed the upgrade as available on Kickstarter. That site does not look like it has been altered since 2017 and ending Alpha 1 sales was done 2 years ago.

At a minimum, if someone were upgrading just for the Alpha 1 access, it would a good idea to verify they will get access from IS before making the purchase.
  • Options
    chuckstachucksta Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

That's exactly how I feel about Dual Universe. I missed that by a month!!! Missed the chance of getting lifetime subs!
    I did get in on Ashes of Creation.

Once Ashes is released, I doubt I'll be playing much else. In fact, even though I can go in on Alpha 1, it's Alpha 2 I am really looking forward to. Persistant world will be glorious!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace