Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mobs, gravity, & win

I'm guessing there will be a handful of knockback abilities spread across the classes. These have always been hilarious in pvp areas with nice, long falls. However, they are not useful to the same effect in most MMOs since mobs don't take falling damage.

Anyone know if this going to be any different in Ashes? And hey, any good stories about flinging bad guys off cliffs?
AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would be interesting if enemies took falling damage. Why dont you make that your question in this weeks Q&A?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Why dont you make that your question in this weeks Q&A?

Yep. I hunted for Jalon's thread before I threw this out, but my impatience won. ;)

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I've played a game that had areas where you could push a mob off and it would essentially fall off the map, and I've played games where you could push mobs in to inaccessable areas in order to deny the content to others (which was patched out eventually).

It could be interesting to see the ability to kill mobs legitimately (as in, able to loot them) from pushing them off cliffs and such. It would also be interesting to see a means of drowning mobs in the right situation.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ooh, good point on drowning. I was thinking of other environmental damage (ala Original Sin) would be cool too. From a falling / push mechanics - Skyrim comes to mind as an ideal example.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png