Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please Australian Servers.

Please can we have Australian servers. Other mmorpg lag to much can you consider Australian players and not force us to play 200 ping servers.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It was already confirmed that Australians get Pacific Servers.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    BricktopBricktop Member
    edited September 2020
    I thought I heard AUS would have one server.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There are going to be OCE/SEA servers

There is no guarantee they will be located in Sydney, but Steven has said there is a good chance they will be in Sydney.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2020
    Here is a link to a thread asking the same question if you read through you will find that Steven has actually replied in this thread. This is as much conformation we will get at this point.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/44915/oce-hosting-why-using-singapore-as-oce-server-location-is-suboptimal/p1

Back in July of this year.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Jahlon wrote: »

There is no guarantee they will be located in Sydney, but Steven has said there is a good chance they will be in Sydney.

We want them in Melbourne :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2020
    sidhaze wrote: »
    Jahlon wrote: »

We want them in Melbourne :cold_sweat:

Since the servers are serving the Oceania and SEA region, Melbourne would be a great way to lower the player population in this region.

The less reliance servers have on Australian infrustructure, the better. Sydney is a good option because it has direct routes to the other areas the server will be serving.

Sydney makes the most sense, followed by Auckland at a distant second, and then maybe Manilla.

Melbourne shouldn't even be in the top 10 cities to consider.
  • Options
    @Varkun thanks for link. I am really looking forward to this game and would be devastated if its laggy. I wont play it with lag.
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I also really would like to play on low ping servers located somewhere close but one thing to consider is that servers will be set up for certain times zones. This should for the most part ensure that you will be playing against people from your own time zone thus be on similar ping to everyone else. If people do play on servers out side of their prime time some events will be taking place at odd hours for them.

We as a community here in AU need to get as many people as possible interested in AOC so we have the population to justify the servers. If wow can do it why not AOC.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.