Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoC survey #2 results

SunboySunboy Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Hey hey!

Just a few hours until developer update! I hope you are as hyped as I am.

The results are in and I can see 182 unique participants. Much love to everyone of you ❤️

The point of the survey was to see if there was any difference in opinion between Reddit users and forum users.

What I can say directly is 182 participants is not much in a survey so take everything with a grain of salt.

- Link to spreadsheet here
- Link to charts here (tell me if the link doesn't work)
Only 27 active members answered from the forums and 155 from other places.

The Reddit user base is leaning towards slightly younger and both have a equal mix of players from across the world.

Reddit users have not generally bought as much pre-lease cosmetics as other community's.

Since there is so much to though i will update the post once in a while with more when i got time.

Cya at the dev update!

Update #1 I made a better excel sheet and uploaded it to my google drive here You can compare on the tabs between different communities.
For those not daring enough to click link, read below ;)

On average people are not worried about streamers making the game less fun.
- Forums: 2.37
- Other: 2.52
- Reddit: 2.11

About wanting drip fed content or large batches of content but less often. Numbers was slightly leaning towards less often but larger.

- Forums: 3.07
- Other: 3.19
- Reddit: 3.4

How much influence should players have? Most agree on a moderate amount, slightly towards more influence.

- Forums: 3.0
- Other:3.19
- Reddit:3.23

Not much difference in opinion as you can see, but that is on average on these topics. There was outliners.

2020-10-01 Update#2

Everyone was in heavy majority of wanting action with Q&A on a not so second place from the dev update yesterday. We got turtles, sadly no doggo.

The one thing you are most excited for had 3 top dogs.

◾The forums had from highest to lowest: 19% End game raiding, 19% guild politics/wars and 15% discover the lore
◾Others had only ties: 20% Discover the lore and 20% Building a house. 15% Guild politics/wars and 15% open world PvP.
◾Reddit had from highest to lowest: 24% Open world PvP, 17% discover the lore, 15% end game raiding.

I have learned that comparing different groups is hard. Do not try until later. Google forms do not let me share the results easy so i have to share with full access.

Feedback is always welcome. Much love!

Comments

• maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nice cross-section of the community - interesting to note the age difference between Reddit and the AoC forums, it makes sense too.

I reckon the difference in purchases can be explained by the way these forums require you to go out of your way to create a profile and an account (plus making a purchase naturally leads into the forums too) - whereas reddit accounts are more general purpose and people just have to press one button to join the subreddit.

To be honest, I didn't understand the question about "change my character / the content" - without much context I assumed it was about balancing?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Who cares about pre-release, and post-release cosmetics ? A game is about gameplay and game design, so why even focus on that ?
  • maouw wrote: »
    To be honest, I didn't understand the question about "change my character / the content" - without much context I assumed it was about balancing?

Thank you! Much love! Yes you got it right, its a simple statement about content change.

• Yuniel wrote: »
    Who cares about pre-release, and post-release cosmetics ? A game is about gameplay and game design, so why even focus on that ?
    I do believe there is a group of people that are worried about paid cosmetics.