Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please reconsider underwater blurring because of eyestrain :(

SquishydewSquishydew Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
For as long as i can remember I've been unable to play games with Depth of field when i can't turn it off.

When i look at blurry content on my screen i get severe eyestrain which can cause headaches after as little as a couple of minutes. This had me really worried that I'll be completely unable to play all underwater content.

I know from dealing with this in the past that I'm not the only one with this depth of field eyestrain problem, so I'm hoping this will be looked in to :( Ashes looks really fantastic and I'd be really sad to miss out on part of it.

Edit: I have had my eyes checked and dont require glasses, i dont appear to have any other issues after hospital visits either, so its not a problem i can personally adress.

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately, it is common to have blurry vision underwater, especially the farther you look. So, when making a game, they make the underwater blurry. There may be magic items that would allow you to see normally.
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    Unfortunately, it is common to have blurry vision underwater, especially the farther you look. So, when making a game, they make the underwater blurry. There may be magic items that would allow you to see normally.

Steven specifically said there won't be things to change visuals underwater. :(
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    I hope they will at least allow the text to be readable, as at this point we cannot even read the player names, and I would guess the name of anything else, underwater.
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It was stated in the stream this was only the first pass at the underwater. It will be fixed and everything will get tuned up so it will be clear when its final.