Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How does the communities tie in together - node citizens and guilds?

truelytruely Member, Alpha One
Hello everyone! My question is wondering about how players will work together for goals, objectives etc. The thing that I believe can make or break this game is making different communities of players work together for communal targets, goals and events rather than being solely focused on individual gain which ofc will still be a part of the game. From what I can tell there will be guilds just like any other MMORPG which will gather players together which will be the main social place for groups of people on discord etc. I'm just wondering how groups on players in guilds will interacts with map control and nodes - will they all be citizens of the same node or just any node in the whole castle region? Also how will the other areas affect guild members i.e. which religion they pick and social organisation - thieves / trade etc. How will this play into working together with your guild friends, are you enticed to be part of the same organsiations or best to have a variety? I'd be interested on people's thoughts as I think this is where the game can be truly unique in terms of map strategy, group goals making it more interactive between people rather than just doing everything solo.

Comments

• Options
    A handful of guilds can pledge allegiance to the mayor of a node if I recall correctly but the system doesn't have much information about it last I looked.
  • Options
    truelytruely Member, Alpha One
    Bricktop wrote: »
    A handful of guilds can pledge allegiance to the mayor of a node if I recall correctly but the system doesn't have much information about it last I looked.

time to theorycraft :D, interesting about the pledge haven't heard of that before!
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Large nodes can have up to three 'patron guilds' which have guild halls in the node. I think that may provide them node related benefits.
  • Options
    The type of node locations are the same across all servers. Player choice just determines which ones get developed or not. So each server has the potential to be completely different.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    edited June 2021
    Node citizen takes precedence over guild membership. They do not expect every guild to have all their players in a single node, but expect many guilds to have players spread over many nodes. So if a node declares war with another node, and a guild has members in each node, those guild members will be at war.

Sometimes you will want to do things as a guild, like dungeons and things that involve guild freeholds (like crafting and questing), but other things will be more for node citizenship, like node quests, caravans, and sieges.

There are also religious type events, like questing and espionage type stuff, but we really don't know much about religion stuff yet.

So overall, there will be many gameplay options that will involve many different player groups, and this will lead to the mingling which I think OP is talking about.
  • Options
    ZeshioZeshio Member
    I think there will be a lot of variety for guilds to determine how they want to split themselves up. It might be folks get citizenship whereever they want and join for guild activities. There's also distinct advantages and disadvantages to clumping (primarily coordination but also greater chance to lose more resources/housing from a singular node attack).

Outside of guild play, I think a lot of whether a community succeeds or not will come from the mayor. The mayor could help dictate the town's direction, or even open up community gathering times to discuss what people should work on. I'm also hoping for a town bulletin board system that will keep folks on the same page even if they're not on when the mayor is. Should be really interesting! There definitely will be some really tight nit communities that work well together, and vice versa.