Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounts and Cosmetics

I enjoyed the updates regarding mounts in the last video. However, I do now have a few questions based on it.

If I first need to get the base mount before I can apply the cosmetic skin to another mount, what is the benefit of the cosmetic?

Do mounts and cosmetics take up different inventory space? Or is it mounts take up inventory, but skins don't?

If I apply a cosmetic of, say, a bear to my horse mount, does that effect the mount's stats in any way? For example, would my horse now have the stats and abilities of a bear, along with it's visualization or would it look like a bear and have the stats of the horse underneath it?

Comments

• Options
    There is no P2W so you won't get a mount for free just because you bought the cosmetic. From what Steven said it sounds like T1 mounts will be easy/quick to purchase in game (probably level 10-20 range).

Not sure about the rest or why mounts would have individual stats - if they do it's likely universal for T1, T2 and T3 respectively no by color/shape/type. The difference in stats will likely be the Mule Vs Mount.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    If you don't have a horse how are you going to put a skin on it?
    The only stat cosmetics effect are the mount's self-esteem. Making your horse look pretty makes it feel pretty.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think Steven has stated somewhere that the mount keeps it's stats and the skins do not change them.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    KnightPixieKnightPixie Member
    edited October 2020
    My priority is for clearer information based on what was presented in the released video from yesterday that I just viewed.

From what it sounded like "you need to first have a mount of the same type before being able to use the skin". I am interested if I need to get a fox mount to apply fox skin unlock, or bear mount for bear skin unlock, then what is the benefit of having skins in the first place? Is it solely to look slightly dissimilar than the base mount?

From what I could make out in the video it looks like mounts are selectable from the inventory. However, I didn't see if they used skins and if so, were those pulled from the same inventory? Or do they take no inventory.

As for the question about stats, they mentioned that there were multiple stats (hp, speed, abilities, moveset?) assigned to mounts. That is why I am interested in learning if skins transfer stats onto the base creature it is applied to, or only a visual addition only? Example: (a bear with horse stats or vice versa).
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    Cosmetic skins only affect the mount's appearance, none of the stats change. If you bread a horse with awesome stats and put a bear skin on it, you still have the same stats and abilities as the horse but it now looks like a bear.

When they are talking about type, they are most likely referring to mount tier which is stuff like gliding, swimming, etc. Mounts
    You can't put a skin for a gliding mount on a ground mount. So your Gryphon skin can't be put on a horse and vice versa.

When it comes to inventory, I wouldn't worry too much about what you saw in the video. Skins will most likely not occupy an inventory slot.