Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should dwarves be a race or a condition?

sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
While I was watching the latest livestream I misheard Jeffery when he said he and Toast were wearing the same armor. I thought he said he was a dwarf. So then I looked at both dwarves and they looked different to me. Not only that but they were different races. That made me wonder if dwarves are a race or a condition, like dwarfism. Will dwarves come in all races? For instance, Tulnar dwarves, Elven dwarves, human dwarves, etc... because dwarfism is a condition in the real world not a race. Or, should dwarves be a race of little people? What do you think?

I think it would be awesome, if it were a condition and all the little people just decided to live together to combat racism and stuff. Basically, they just got fed up and made their own place in the world.
fNX2ISa.png

Comments

• Options
    I'll bite. 😈

If AoC has hit boxes, you will definately see many cases of dwarfism.

As to the two dwarfs, I think one is a Nikua dwarf (gnome), my speculation.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One hell of a necro and I don't mean Nagash. I haven't seen much about the topic until the thread was resurrected.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Make dwarfs great again! :smiley:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    are-you-joking-guardians-of-the-galaxy.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Elves and Dwarves are important to be their own race as they are in the poems.

Here you go.

https://www.worldhistory.org/article/1695/elves--dwarves-in-norse-mythology/
  • Options
    In the video game world, and more generally in the medival fantasy world, dwarves are considered a race.

HOWEVER, I would find it cool if games actually made dwarves more proportional in size, sort of like humans but a tad bit shorter, and bulkier. They would have to stop calling them dwarves tho.
  • Options
    Dolgrin wrote: »
    I didn't give you guys my money to see my favorite race degraded and made into a joke.

Whaaaaat? You've given money to the other forum users? Where's my money?! I trash-talk dwarves plenty. They're almost as bad as the dirty Tulnar.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/