Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will AoC have something like voice fonts?

Do you think that some kind of voice modification feature will be present in the in-game voice chat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG6GK6Oo58c
I think it would be cool.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't even want in-game chat. Much less this. The issue is that discord is focused on providing good voice chat. Anything AoC does will just be a side system in the game. It will never be as polished, reliable, or as well adopted as discord.

To add to that. Voice font could also just be annoying. It is bad enough when someone trys to talk like rick Sanchez poorly. My vote is no.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    I don't know how many 11 year olds will play this game, but I don't wanna risk it...I don't want an xbox live in my MMO
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I don't even want in-game chat. Much less this. The issue is that discord is focused on providing good voice chat. Anything AoC does will just be a side system in the game. It will never be as polished, reliable, or as well adopted as discord.

Well Discord works great if you already have a party/guild to chat....people who are just jumping in for the first time or if you want to meet new people can't just use Discord, so we need a in game option
  • Options
    I don't really how this is an important feature worthy of thinking about at this point in time, really, Whatsoever.