Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PvP - Body Parts

daveywaveydaveywavey Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Hi,

This may have been asked before, but I've only just signed up and so haven't come across it yet...!

The videos I've seen detailing the PK / Bounty Hunting aspects of the game look kinda interesting. But it got me wondering how a PK'ed player could know that the bounty hunters they hired actually have got justice on that PKer or not.

And that got me thinking about a previous game I played called Gothador, where when a player killed you, you dropped a "body part" along with your money. So, if I get killed, I might drop Daveywavey's Finger, or Daveywavey's Nose, etc, along with the normal dropped loot. Depending on the player, some of these actually became valuable if they were from an infamous player.

So, in terms of Ashes Of Creation, the PK'ed player would advertise their bounty, and the bounty hunters would deliver the salvaged and time-stamped body part to prove the bounty had been carried out.

You could even have a mini-quest where you have to recreate a skeleton using pieces of different players. Think of the "Gormagon" storyline from the TV show: Bones. The completed skeleton could be a housing decoration, once finished. If you want to complete it, then you have to PK, but you also have to take the inventory hit by having to store the body parts while you complete the skeleton.

Anyway, that's probably enough rambling for now. I look forward to playing with you all.

Thanks

Daveywavey
This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

Comments

• Options
    I mean...the concept is interesting....but right now is beyond the scope of the game, so this idea should not be considered until game releases to avoid scrope creep and further delays.....
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    I can see it now - I'm walking around with Bigjohnsons head!
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    VhinxVhinx Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Steven's finger
    The Order-
    g5ybg7eb1zhp.png
  • Options
    Maybe post launch, but that's definitively such a cool idea! Like those body parts could cost so much if they're from a very infamous player!
  • Options
    Vhinx wrote: »
    Steven's finger

Hahaha, or a full Steven skeleton!
  • Options
    stevens sandal...
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dolyem wrote: »
    stevens sandal...

That's probably equippable and for GMs only.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I could make a killing off a body part black market
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    This gives me Dark Souls 3 vibes with people cutting off tongues for who they killed. I'd prefer a concept that just has the loot they drop from the owner's name on it instead. Simple and still works off the idea you want.
    Future mercenary guild owner in Ashes of Creation
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
  • Options
    They had that feature in Ultima online, you could disassemble the body. Turn the head into the guards for the bounty on the "red" (murderer). Or just troll them if they tried to come back for their stuff.

Was actually a really cool feature because you could mount their heads or bones and showcase them at your house for all to see. It was often funny to kill a PK'er and they would have nothing but body parts in their bag trolling the person who killed them.

There should be some gore in a MMO, it can't all be unicorns and butterflies.

I'm all for this!
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    im all down for there being body parts, especially if we can have a bounty hunter system where you hire other players to bring back the head of your enemy.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't want my limited inventory space to be chocked full of body parts - especially as a Bounty Hunter, it will be a big nuisance to deal with corrupted in the first place and I don't need the added nuisance of inventory space dilemmas.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    I don't want my limited inventory space to be chocked full of body parts - especially as a Bounty Hunter, it will be a big nuisance to deal with corrupted in the first place and I don't need the added nuisance of inventory space dilemmas.

How are you going to confirm your kills then? Hmmm?
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options

they would just add them as quest items which should be weight free ....IMO. But you have the choice to pick up the other body parts up or not.
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options

they would just add them as quest items which should be weight free ....IMO. But you have the choice to pick up the other body parts up or not.

Absolutely, you don't have to take the body part if you don't want it. And if each kill is only dropping the one body part each death, then hopefully it shouldn't fill you up too quickly.

And if you're Bounty Hunting, you're going to be passing it over to the player for the bounty reward anyway, so it's not likely to be in your inventory for long.
  • Options
    Im taking all body part and I will meet any price
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Big fan of this idea @daveywavey
  • Options
    Wasn’t it Diablo I that had the ‘ear’ system for tks? I thought that was a cool feature at the time. I like the idea of a ‘proof of kill’ - the Edgar-suit idea could get dark quick. 😄
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would like to collect the body parts of my enemies. Maybe I could collect a lot of body parts from a rival....and then be able to mail them their own body parts back? Please?
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    I would like to collect the body parts of my enemies. Maybe I could collect a lot of body parts from a rival....and then be able to mail them their own body parts back? Please?

Taking the game of "I got your nose" to the next level. I like it.
  • Options
    Bricktop wrote: »

God, imagine if you could take the body parts and add them as cosmetics to your necromancer summons.
  • Options
    Diablo 2 had ears, Eve Online had frozen corpses.
    No reason for Ashes to not do something similar :p
    God, imagine if you could take the body parts and add them as cosmetics to your necromancer summons.

Ah, along the same line, would be nice if Necromancers can summon something from player corpses ...
    Doesn't have to be anything complicated / special, a regular zombie / skeleton with the killed player's name will do.
  • Options

This would be so funny!
  • Options
    Bricktop wrote: »

See skeletons don't have that problem
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Support this idea. What about a nose, so we cut of other players noses to spite their face?
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As funny as the idea is I think Steven has mentioned that most monster drops aren't in raw gold but "Hunting Certificates" that you can deliver to a local node for a small price or to a farther away one for an even greater reward.

I'd imagine Bounty's being a very similar system.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
  • Options
    Definitely a interesting idea and I think it would be cool. Adding extra world pvp stuff always gets my vote. Just because they pked someone doesn't mean their corruption will be high enough to start the current bounty system in place now, and they might want revenge and be willing to pay for it. Maybe put a minimum price you have to pay, and no maximum. The more you want revenge the more you might be willing to pay. I also thought it would be cool if you could mount heads on the wall in your home/homestead or tavern. Infamous players/rival guild leaders or maybe a overall fun encounter you had with someone to remember it . Almost like a conversation piece and some bragging rights.
  • Options
    IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited February 2022
    bafvwwr6zt2s.png

I also like the idea of eating other players (would be a cool vek or ren'kai racial), skinning them (''Tulnar fur coat, locally sourced''), crafting necklaces with teeth/fangs/horns/tusks taken from other players, crafting potions with the blood of other players, etc

It's just that we got a big problem.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hard to collect much from an enemey who turns into ash when he dies....

Maybe we can snort the ashes of enemy for some speed buff and to craft for longer hours?

• Options
    Hahaha, maybe there's just the occasional body part that misses out on the incineration! :D