Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Devs- Please add text commands to NPC's

One of my favorite features of some MMO's is the ability to type something in the chat which the NPCs will register on. IE:

Walk by vendor "Morning Baker Joe"...."Top of the morning to yee, Exile!"

Or if there is a Red or Combatant in the town area, you should be able to yell "Guards" and the guards should secure the safe area and insta kill the trouble makers.

I would also like to see commands for housing as well, so if there is somebody in your house you don't want to be there you could say "boot Johnny Dee" to remove from the property, or "Ban Johnny Dee" for a permanent ban of your freehold.

You could really expand on this and incorporate into some quests as well.

xKMTkyZ.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Exiled King I've been doing a lot of research for unreal and the like software, there are animation assets galore to use on the web. So, there is no reason not to use some of these for the Npc's in the game along with your text driven greetings.
    I for one hope they integrate this into the game 100%!
    Boring is the npc sitting there doing nothing, world alive and immersive is the Npc's greeting you, pathing around, tending a shop, dusting off wares, etc.
  • Options
    Or if there is a Red or Combatant in the town area, you should be able to yell "Guards" and the guards should secure the safe area and insta kill the trouble makers.

Do we know if guards will be killable? Some games I've played, the guards were immune to all damage, and it was boring.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Would be quite interesting if some quests can only be triggered in this manner ...

e.g. for whatever reason you've decided to spend sometime saying hi to an old warrior npc everyday, and stayed and listened as he responded with his old adventure stories.
    Then N days / interactions later that npc decides you're a nice guy, gives you a quest to fetch his old high-quality gear, and passes them onto you.
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Voidwalkers I suggested something similar with an NPC, like yours you have to visit with him constantly, like your secret go to guy...gives you quests, discounts, rare items,etc...this could be done via the marketplaces before you put an item up for sale, i.e. do you allow an npc to sell said item for x amount?
    I think it would be a great idea, and no not the same ole you are revered with this city discount crap.
  • Options
    There was some random NPC in Guild Wars who would shout out little greetings to you as you went by, commenting on one of your Achievements in some sort of way. Always made me chuckle. I'd like to see something like that here.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    yeah i dont see why they couldn't add this feature, specially with the unreal engine.

Maybe that is why they put that community post up about immersion?
    xKMTkyZ.jpg
  • Options
    In EQ, there was an NPC, in Freeport, who would reply, with his quest, while you were chatting with others. The trigger word was really common (I don't recall the word) and would rant on about his quest, when triggered. Funny, but annoying (wall of text).