Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be "Rare" boss versions of monsters out in the open world?

Will there be any super rare versions of monsters that just spawn out in the open? Akin to Final Fantasy XI notorious monsters.

And will their loot drops be restricted from affecting the economy? (Making all the loot untradable or whatever)

Will there be some sort of "claiming" system for monsters out in the open too? First person to touch it can only attack it and get loot from it? Or how will that work, loot distribution from mobs out in the open.

Does the dev team have many people that were big FFXI players ?

Comments

• Options
    I always detest games that make things super rare then make those things untradeable. I don't care if someone can buy it, that encourages people to be out farming for rares and adds another healthy layer to the games economy.

The claiming system is whoever does more damage to a target, where first tags will have an advantage. For example I tag a mob first and then someone else comes and starts attacking it. I just need to deal 45% damage while the other person would need to do 60% of the total damage to get the loot instead. These numbers are probably not correct but the gist is that you gain a bonus for tagging it first.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    There is expected to be 12-15 world raid bosses (legendary bosses?) present in the world on launch. However, these should be locked behind node development and so each boss may not be available on a given server at all. In other words, the bosses will be so rare that each specific server will probably only have access to some of the world raid bosses at any given time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtVUiS7yAHE&feature=youtu.be&t=46m08s

There will be very few items that are bound. Almost everything will be tradable.

Loot distribution:
    Looting rights is based on a tag and DPS (damage) system.[13]

The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.[13]
    Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.[13]

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Loot_tables
  • Options
    XezXez Member
    I wasn't making any statement about my opinions on these things one way or the other, I was just asking about it.

But if anyone cares about my opinion, I am someone who WANTS these mobs to exist out in the open, and for there not to be any restrictions on trading loot. Basically, in Final Fantasy XI they were a HUGE core part of the game in the first several years, until they completely abandoned the concept and retroactively changed all their loot drops to be non-tradable and never added any new ones, because of A - all the butthurt people who can never claim anything or get their time wasted and B - the extreme RMT incentives some of this creates and the monopolization by the biggest most dominant linkshells (and the claim botting of course...)
  • Options
    If Ashes do implement rare-versions of monsters, then there's only one thing I care about:

Will they be tame-able and breed-able? (of coz the non-boss ones)
  • Options
    XezXez Member
    I appreciate the quick and thorough response, and yes I've watched all the Q&A things with the creator.

The world raid bosses do sound really cool, but they not really what I am talking about.

I'm talking more like just unique-ish boss mobs that inhabit every part of the world, that only spawn once every few real life hours or even days or weeks, that either just pop by themselves on a randomized timer or have some condition associated with them, or spawn by a lottery chance from repeatedly killing a certain mob in an area, for instance lizards or something, that eventually spawns a boss lizard that has unique epic loot.

I cannot stress enough how awesome this mechanic is and how much more awesome and rewarding this makes exploring the world and doing everything out in the open feels. It makes possible every little set of mobs or corner of the world to have it's own special importance or significance.