Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

corruption penalties

so.. can someone clear this up for me? if im just randomly killing everything that moves.. does my character get weaker? or does that only go into effect after dying the same as with non combatants?
u2BkQvn.png

Comments

• Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Corruption is only if you're killing a significant amount of other players.

You then have to die or gain a large amount of XP in order to start cleansing it.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

Death on the other hand incurs an XP debt that you then have to work off. This can not only make it harder to level but at cap will cause your stats to start to drop until worked off.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    guess we'll have to wait and see how intense the penalties are and how easily corruption is to get rid of.. seems like the best bet is to mule ur gear and suicide repeatedly once it gets too high.. im not a big fan of the system but the rest of the game looks solid so i guess ill deal w/ it lol
    u2BkQvn.png
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gankez wrote: »
    guess we'll have to wait and see how intense the penalties are and how easily corruption is to get rid of.. seems like the best bet is to mule ur gear and suicide repeatedly once it gets too high.. im not a big fan of the system but the rest of the game looks solid so i guess ill deal w/ it lol

I can see a guild or two setting up services to bring you into an instanced area and letting you kill yourself then helping you grind up the XP debt to cleanse extremely high Corruption w/o fear of losing all your gear.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    Gankez wrote: »

Well that will burn off the corruption but likely not the best strategy unless you do not care about the grind it would create for leveling (xp debt on death x4 while corrupt). The absolute best way will be to grind XP without dying.

Anyway I think the general conception posed here is a bit off you won't go corrupt if other people fight back, attack purple (flagged for combat) or corrupt players. Right now I'm under the impression we will be able to flag ourselves for combat and if that stays in for launch then there will likely be plenty of targets who remain flagged for combat so you won't have to risk corruption unless you are focused on attacking non-combatants.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    Jahlon's Ashes 101 on Corruption is a solid summary of what's known:

https://youtu.be/hBH_NsWmlrI
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png