Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A Cautionary Tale for AoC Developers, Derived from Recent WoW COMPLEX Borrowed Power Systems

MyboyfriendMyboyfriend Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
A Cautionary Tale for AoC Developers, Derived from Recent WoW COMPLEX Borrowed Power Systems:

https://youtu.be/p2TLHt-YDoI?t=98

*What are your thoughts?*

Comments

• Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited October 2020
    My thought is, that i am certainly not gonna listen to a 44 min long video about WoW.

If you want to spark a discussion, then watch it yourself and write a quick summary about the video. Instead of expecting people to watch an hour long video for a game they probably don't give a shit about.
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »
    My thought is, that i am certainly not gonna listen to a 44 min long video about WoW.

If you want to spark a discussion, then watch it yourself and write a quick summary about the video. Instead of expecting people to watch an hour long video for a game they probably don't give a shit about.

+1
    I watched about 10 min of it and cant find anything that has to do with Ashes of creation.
    53ap2sc6pdgv.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    expect - regard (something) as likely to happen.
    I regard some individuals watching the posted video as likely to happen, yes. The decision to do so, how much, etc is theirs/yours. Thank you for your suggestion/thoughts/response. I am taking it under consideration.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    "I watched about 10 min of it and cant find anything that has to do with Ashes of creation."

cautionary tale - a story or series of events in which something bad happens that you can use as a warning for the future

WoW's complex borrowed powered systems being explained in the video, why they are problematic, and this information serving as a cautionary tale for AoC. This is what I'm trying to communicate. Let me know if you too have suggestions on a more effective way, for you, to receive what I tried to communicate... looking for solutions. =D
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I took your advice Warth. Here is a quick written summary for those who don't want to watch (or solely listen to) a 44 minute video, potentially for that long.

The Blizzard Development Team has been developing increasingly COMPLEX borrowed power systems of late (the last two, and now in the third expansion of the game) for their MMORPG World of Warcraft. To many (but not all) this seems to take a lot of development resources to create and balance before and (importantly) during the entirety of the current expansion. Sometimes these systems stay broken for an extended period of time. Instead of using resources for these temporary COMPLEX borrowed power systems, would another timeline (where development resources went to other content) be preferable, for most involved? If yes, then this is the cautionary tale I'm trying to communicate.

Thanks again for feedback/responses/helpful suggestions, I value them.

• Options
    Wows problem is that they have had borrowed power systems for so long, when they try and change things it blew up.

Hopefully AoC opts out of this 'borrowed power' mindset.