Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ingame and companion app calendar

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
I hope we'll get an ingame personal account-based calendar with the following general features. Doesn't have to be at release if it causes a delay obviously, but down the line at least.
  • Guild events date, time, type
  • Family events date, time, type
  • Alliance events date, time, type
  • Node events date, time, type
  • World events date, time, type
  • Show events for all, some, or only logged in character on the account
  • Filters to choose which character(s), type of event, guild only, etc.
  • If we get a mobile companion app, obviously synchronize with that.

As a luxury-type wish, the option to integrate the calendar into my RL calendar on the phone or whereever. "Sorry mom, I can't make it to your birthday on the 14th. As you can see in my calendar I have a node siege I need to be at".

Comments

• Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I hope we'll get an ingame personal account-based calendar with the following general features. Doesn't have to be at release if it causes a delay obviously, but down the line at least.

As a luxury-type wish, the option to integrate the calendar into my RL calendar on the phone or whereever. "Sorry mom, I can't make it to your birthday on the 14th. As you can see in my calendar I have a node siege I need to be at".

good idea, would make a game a lot easier, but for the same reason, I hope its not going to be implemented. when everything is presented on a silver platter it takes away from the challange, and knowing and keeping track of stuff is part of challange.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Mojottv wrote: »
    good idea, would make a game a lot easier, but for the same reason, I hope its not going to be implemented. when everything is presented on a silver platter it takes away from the challange, and knowing and keeping track of stuff is part of challange.

So you prefer using third party calendars/websites to do the same and organize? Or try to remember it all in your head? There's no challenge in that for me at least, it's what I am used to, just pointless tedium and time wasted I would rather use to play the game.
  • Options
    Good idea. I thought this was a good QoL feature in WOW, especially when there are achievements associated with in game events. The mobile tie in was also helpful for scheduling / managing guild events.

I hate managing schedules, so an in game tool would be welcome.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Mojottv wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

This is just a small, quality of life thing that doesn't affect gameplay. I dont see how it makes other peoples experience any better to help figure out whats happening.
  • Options
    Yours truly has greatly enjoyed when a game includes an in-game calendar (some calendars are done better than others). As someone who is willing to use forums - even 3rd-party ones - I'm in the crowd that stays well-informed about in-game events.

HOWEVER!

As a serial events-host, yours truly has found dissemination of information about an event to be far-greater with multiple mediums - and an in-game calendar is *very* helpful in letting people outside your own guild know that you're hosting a public event (races, trivias, rituals/spectacles, debates, etc). No one should ever be required to review an in-game calendar - but it feel as though it should definately be an option, for anyone who is interested in seeing what's going on in their node(s) of influence, outside their own guild's activities.
  • Options
    I would really prefer keeping track of most things out of game.

The game should inform concerned parties about things like node/alliance/city events so you can know when to be there as well as any lockout timers but beyond that, no....imho.

If you are in a guild though I will bet you THEY will have exactly what you are looking for and you should be able to access that site on a mobile device
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    I like the idea of an in game calendar for Ashes. There will be so much stuff going on, it will be hard to keep up. castle siege stages, node stages, guild and node wars, possible seasonal events. I also like the idea of custom user events that people can invite each other to.
  • Options
    I agree. A calendar is great for officers and members. It would be nice to be able to list multiple raids for different raid teams, PVP events, RP events, gathering events, etc. It would also be nice if people could sign up for the events. This lets the event leader know if there will be enough attending, if a second event needs to be made, or if the even should be cancelled due to lack of interest. World of Warcraft had an in-game calendar, and it was good because you could sign up as attending, tentative, or not attending. For 20 person raids the leader could also mark you as accepted, bench, or declined. I realize you can use discord or other third-party methods, but this would be a great tool for guilds. Especially large guilds of 200 players. Everyone like the post or bump it. If we get hundreds of likes or agreement that this feature is wanted, it may convince them to spend resources and time on it. Then, again, this may already be planned, and they may just not have announced it yet.
  • Options
    Yours truly has greatly enjoyed when a game includes an in-game calendar (some calendars are done better than others). As someone who is willing to use forums - even 3rd-party ones - I'm in the crowd that stays well-informed about in-game events.

HOWEVER!

As a serial events-host, yours truly has found dissemination of information about an event to be far-greater with multiple mediums - and an in-game calendar is *very* helpful in letting people outside your own guild know that you're hosting a public event (races, trivias, rituals/spectacles, debates, etc). No one should ever be required to review an in-game calendar - but it feel as though it should definately be an option, for anyone who is interested in seeing what's going on in their node(s) of influence, outside their own guild's activities.

Once the game is out and the number of servers is determined it would nice if on the forums the developers added specific server categories for each server that players of that server could post events in for the public to enjoy. This would add to the sense of community for that server.