Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Endless Labyrinth - A Military Metropolis Building

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Hello everybody, Damokles here once again!
tenor.gif?itemid=5128781

I had this idea a year ago about a labyrinth stiled dungeon, it was a bit half backed at the time though. But the basic idea didnt leave my brain and I couldnt stop thinking about it, so I started seriously thinking about it.

Idea:
A endlessly scaling dungeon with randomly spawning rooms. Every room has a time limit to complete, and if you dont manage to beat the room in this timelimit, then you get booted out after clearing the room. Every 3-5 rooms has the chance to spawn a mini-boss, a boss or a puzzle room which will reward you with rare materials, gold, labyrinth currency or recipes. You can only advance to the next room, after you fully clear the durrent room.

A military metropolis could build the entrance, where people could then look for groups, buy little buffs with the labyrinth currency etc. After a group of 8 found one another, they could then enter the labyrinth. The groups would all spawn randomly in the labyrinth. The labyrinth itself would be instanced, but players would still be all on the same map so to speak, meaning that groups could still mess with each other.

The first 5 rooms you enter would be ranging from LvL 5-10, the next 5 rooms would be from 15-20. This would go on until they get to the rooms after reaching the lvl 50 enemies. After that each following room would get monsters with increasing buffs etc, as well as gewarding the players with a chest after clearing this harder room.

A room would reset after the last player leaves it or after the time limit is overstepped and only 1-3 players are left. Each day the labyrinth would respawn with new monster combinations in the rooms.

All the rewards would be nice enough to run it a few times, but not good enough to replace the outside dungeons. I thought of it like a challenge dungeon, withe a scoreboard, where groups could enter their names and then show how many rooms they cleared in one run.

Why I think this would be a good idea:
I think this would be a nice place to practice new subclasses, to enhance teamwork and learn specific mechanics in a relatively safe environment, while at the same time giving high leveled players a chance to show everyone how awesome they are.

What do you think guys, tell me your opinion!

a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like Dragonstar Arena from ESO, which was always good fun.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This does sound fun!

Your idea could also be used as a prototype for a PvX arena!
    I'm thinking of a 2v2v2v2 arena, where 4 teams of 2 people spawn at separate entrances, clear 5 rooms, then they have to win a 2v2 to progress, clear 5 harder rooms, there's a final showdown between the winning pairs and the grand winners get to fight the Master of the Arena
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    This sounds really great. Add some quest elements or tasks and you have an Escape Room. People pay good money for that experience.
  • Options
    dont seem like a good idea bc it would let other aspects of the game obsolete like the actual dungeons around the world that u have to discover, it just go to the other way from what the developers want to get, the feeling of discovering and try new stuff that probably would be hard
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    ataulfos wrote: »
    dont seem like a good idea bc it would let other aspects of the game obsolete like the actual dungeons around the world that u have to discover, it just go to the other way from what the developers want to get, the feeling of discovering and try new stuff that probably would be hard

Yes, but actually no.
    Like I said, the only rewards would be standard resources, recipes and gold. The dungeons outside of the city would be the "real" dungeons with way better rewards etc.
    I really only want it to appeal as some kind of challenge mode for higher levels and a training ground for beginners. Those that die through PvP would also not loose anything they brought into the dungeon compared to outside dungeons (they can loose the rewards they earned, materials etc, but not materials they had in their inventory which they brought in from the outside).
    a6XEiIf.gif