Non-combatant Healing

On the wiki, it states: "Non-combatants who heal, buff or otherwise interact with combatants will be flagged as combatants."
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

What happens if the attacked non-combatant heals themselves, but doesn't attack back? Is healing themselves classed as joining the fight, even though it's more of a passive resistance?

Would a non-combatant healing themselves flag them purple?

Comments

  • George BlackGeorge Black Member
    edited October 16
    No. Simple as.
  • BricktopBricktop Member
    edited October 16
    Most likely not judging from L2 experience, could change though. I'm glad you brought this up davey.

    Occasionally when I played Lineage 2 you could get the jump on a group and blow up a healer before they could react. 95% of the time this wasn't a problem because of the indefinite clan wars in that game preventing you from going red on the enemy, and you were usually at war with pretty much almost everybody.

    However there was that small random occasion where you would come across a group you weren't at war with and decided to blow up a healer really quickly and somebody had to go red. This was just the nature of the beast.

    Now with the information we have on wiki I worry with the fact that it looks like Guild Wars won't be long lasting this scenario could be a common occurrence. Will ambushes/surprise attacks have no place in Ashes of Creation world PvP or will every fight have to start with one group fully seeing the other and a gentlemanly agreement take place before both groups engage. Will the group who attacks first always be punished? Will there be enough incentive to actually flag back? Is exp debt and losing materials painful enough? Or will the meta game become "Stand still and let them go red on me" for half the player base or more?

    95% of the fights everybody ended up flagged up pretty quickly in L2. We will just have to wait and see in Ashes. If the devs make dying to another player as unflagged hurt enough there will be zero problem.
  • Oribl kannt, this needs a seperate conversation
  • Oribl kannt, this needs a seperate conversation

    I'll think about how to expand on it and post something in the future.
  • MamutMamut Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    On the wiki, it states: "Non-combatants who heal, buff or otherwise interact with combatants will be flagged as combatants."
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

    What happens if the attacked non-combatant heals themselves, but doesn't attack back? Is healing themselves classed as joining the fight, even though it's more of a passive resistance?

    Would a non-combatant healing themselves flag them purple?

    Read the wiki carefully. If the attacked player doesn't fight back he won't be flagged as a combatant which means that if he tries to heal himself he will not be flagged because he's not healing a combatant. Now if your party gets ganked and your party members start actively fighting the gankers and you heal them - then yes, you'll become a combatant.
  • Mamut wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    On the wiki, it states: "Non-combatants who heal, buff or otherwise interact with combatants will be flagged as combatants."
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption

    What happens if the attacked non-combatant heals themselves, but doesn't attack back? Is healing themselves classed as joining the fight, even though it's more of a passive resistance?

    Would a non-combatant healing themselves flag them purple?

    Read the wiki carefully. If the attacked player doesn't fight back he won't be flagged as a combatant which means that if he tries to heal himself he will not be flagged because he's not healing a combatant. Now if your party gets ganked and your party members start actively fighting the gankers and you heal them - then yes, you'll become a combatant.

    Yeah, that's what I was hoping. It's just that I've played other games where if you activated your healing skills, you were classed as "in combat". Just wanted to make sure.
  • Seems like an odd design that the healer will have to choose between extra penalties for dying as non combatant or attacking back at the cost of a heal should death be close.



    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Practical constraints aside, I love the idea of a healer constantly getting back to full and staying green despite the attempts to kill them.
    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    Practical constraints aside, I love the idea of a healer constantly getting back to full and staying green despite the attempts to kill them.

    Exactly, I generally suck at PvP, but I might be able to spam heals for long enough that an attacker will get bored and leave me alone! Hahahaha :D
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    daveywavey wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Practical constraints aside, I love the idea of a healer constantly getting back to full and staying green despite the attempts to kill them.

    Exactly, I generally suck at PvP, but I might be able to spam heals for long enough that an attacker will get bored and leave me alone! Hahahaha :D

    I'm not really a healer in MMOs but I give them respect. Can't tell you how many times I've lost a battle of attrition. Started attacking a healer and their life is just going down and up and down and up. Eventually I've blown my long cooldowns and or my mana and either they win 1v1 or they got backup and i lose many v 1 :dizzy:
    E6qgOoi.png
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    Side note, but kinda on comment, in L2 you could heal mobs and I hated / love it. People would be total jerks and heal raid bosses and it sucked, or if someone wouldn't leave your grind spot you could just buff their mobs making it not profitable to stay. Wonder if this will be a thing in AoC.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    Practical constraints aside, I love the idea of a healer constantly getting back to full and staying green despite the attempts to kill them.

    I like the idea of being able to design a healer like that at a significant cost to offensive ability.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Tyrantor wrote: »
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Practical constraints aside, I love the idea of a healer constantly getting back to full and staying green despite the attempts to kill them.

    I like the idea of being able to design a healer like that at a significant cost to offensive ability.

    I think cleric/rogue is going to be silly fun for exactly that. That or the cleric/tank.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Tyrantor wrote: »
    I like the idea of being able to design a healer like that at a significant cost to offensive ability.

    Agree.

    AoC+Dwarf+750.jpg
  • VulkoVulko Member
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    Side note, but kinda on comment, in L2 you could heal mobs and I hated / love it. People would be total jerks and heal raid bosses and it sucked, or if someone wouldn't leave your grind spot you could just buff their mobs making it not profitable to stay. Wonder if this will be a thing in AoC.

    That was only possible because of the Bishop skill Restore Life, that healed a target based on a certain percentage, meaning that it could heal tens of thousands of HP when used on a Raid Boss. We don't know if such skills exist in AoC yet.
    DQaP9Ks.png
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    Vulko wrote: »
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    Side note, but kinda on comment, in L2 you could heal mobs and I hated / love it. People would be total jerks and heal raid bosses and it sucked, or if someone wouldn't leave your grind spot you could just buff their mobs making it not profitable to stay. Wonder if this will be a thing in AoC.

    That was only possible because of the Bishop skill Restore Life, that healed a target based on a certain percentage, meaning that it could heal tens of thousands of HP when used on a Raid Boss. We don't know if such skills exist in AoC yet.

    If I remember correctly didn't the caster also flag too?
    E6qgOoi.png
  • VulkoVulko Member
    You are correct. Not to mention that everyone around also marked you to be killed on sight for doing it.
    DQaP9Ks.png
  • mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Early Alpha One Tester
    Vulko wrote: »
    You are correct. Not to mention that everyone around also marked you to be killed on sight for doing it.

    lmao the good ol' days. You dont know hate till you're walking up to the Raid boss in TOI and it's about to go down by a full raid group and you do this. welp time to reroll xD
    E6qgOoi.png
  • I'm fine with healers having the privilege of being able to heal greens without getting flagged.
    \o/ Healers need more love \o/

    I think ppl should have their "fight or FLIGHT (not die)" option when they're getting ganked.
    Tanks would pop all their blocking / invulnerability skills while running; ranger / rogue / mage etc. would pop their mobility and blink skills; and healing themselves while running is just ... healer's way of doing that.

    As long as their method of "escape" does not harm the attacker in anyway (i.e. no CC or snare or traps), they shouldn't get flagged.
  • I'm fine with healers having the privilege of being able to heal greens without getting flagged.
    \o/ Healers need more love \o/

    I think ppl should have their "fight or FLIGHT (not die)" option when they're getting ganked.
    Tanks would pop all their blocking / invulnerability skills while running; ranger / rogue / mage etc. would pop their mobility and blink skills; and healing themselves while running is just ... healer's way of doing that.

    As long as their method of "escape" does not harm the attacker in anyway (i.e. no CC or snare or traps), they shouldn't get flagged.

    Ugh. I cannot tell you how many times i've died to stupid gankers in albion online while out fishing just because my chest piece spell does a knockback during its charge, locking me into combat and essentially forcing me to "fight" a group of 10 people with catch builds in GATHERING gear.

    I really hope we do not have this sort of frustrating interaction in pvp. Not specifically, but in general.
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    I'm fine with healers having the privilege of being able to heal greens without getting flagged.
    \o/ Healers need more love \o/

    I think ppl should have their "fight or FLIGHT (not die)" option when they're getting ganked.
    Tanks would pop all their blocking / invulnerability skills while running; ranger / rogue / mage etc. would pop their mobility and blink skills; and healing themselves while running is just ... healer's way of doing that.

    As long as their method of "escape" does not harm the attacker in anyway (i.e. no CC or snare or traps), they shouldn't get flagged.

    Ugh. I cannot tell you how many times i've died to stupid gankers in albion online while out fishing just because my chest piece spell does a knockback during its charge, locking me into combat and essentially forcing me to "fight" a group of 10 people with catch builds in GATHERING gear.

    I really hope we do not have this sort of frustrating interaction in pvp. Not specifically, but in general.

    Sounds like you need a new chest piece for gathering!
Sign In or Register to comment.