Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Question about the Corruption system

I wonder about the drop your gear mechanic....

In an interview Steven said we wont be able to change our gear during combat other than the weapon.

after you killed a player and gained corruption however, you could just put on some random gear after the fight

when you get killed by a bounty hunter you would drop that crap gear.

Since fasttravel is not a thing, mostlikely gear change wil be possible before anyone arrives.

Or is your gear set and weapon locked into the slot until you are not corruptd anymore?
that may be a way of midigate this...

I think about people avoiding the drop system with a secondary gear set.

How do you think this will work?

I really am excited about this project

Comments

• Options
    DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think a simple feature of locking your bags while being corrupted could fix this work around. I believe that any item in your inventory is able to drop as corrupted(small percentage that grows with said corruption).

Although, I would hate to limit the functionality of still being able to play if I were to be corrupted. I would like to think that a player could still access his freehold to dump/unload items. However, that would imply you traveling back to your freehold within your home node. I doubt that you would want to have the reputation of a Pk'r in your backyard.

So the situation is up to the player, risk vs reward.
    I say this as having no personal experience; I am most likely wrong, but time will tell.
  • Options
    just lock the change of gear while corrupted
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Or flag the gear worn to a "droppable" status, when the player gets corrupted.

I don't like limiting/stopping gear changes. I don't think we should go out of our way to punish corruption more than it is already. Sometimes genuine mistakes happen, and other times you just need to kill that asshole.
  • Options
    Who says it's gear in bag? Perhaps it's "equipt" gear.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2020
    In previous games you drop both bag and equiped at high rate based on your number PKs and current corruption points.

In previous games the system is solid, no way to work around it except for getting your friends to kill you and spam pick up button. If there are other players nearby you better pray luck is on your side.

If you kill more than 4 non combatant players you are at great risk of losing gear until you burn off your corruption status.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2020
    The PK system is in place to prevent people from going on a killing spree.

In previous games there were quests that would reduce your PK count by 3 at a time.
    That way players could attone.

I never used to go beyond 4 PK without attoning with the quest, because I wanted to be able to PK if somebody bothered me.

I hope these explanations put your mind to rest about designs to be found in ashes of creations.
    The creative director has played many mmorpgs, seen many systems and has hired a talented team to make sure everything will work perfectly.
  • Options
    thanks all for your time to answer

i guess i will just wait till i can play the game and then will start to worry ;D
  • Options
    The creative director has played many mmorpgs, seen many systems and has hired a talented team to make sure everything will work perfectly.

Aaaaand Copy & Paste onto each thread. We need a macro of this answer, too.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »

Aaaaand Copy & Paste onto each thread. We need a macro of this answer, too.

3 long years
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace