Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ideas for some fun game modes.

pR8videospR8videos Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
I created them long ago on unreal tournament forum but it never had any use maybe this time someone find anything usefull in it. Some edits done to fit more mmo game.

Game Mode: Altar of Ancients

The basic idea is simple two forces of chaos and order fight to gain control of ancient artefact hidden inside dangerous labyrinth. Labrynth is in a shape of circle arena.

20 min for one side then teams swap sides. Team that get more points wins.

- 3v3 or 5v5
-respawn time is 12 sec
- You get one point for killing a enemy and 40 for bringing artefact to your base. Then it respawns in 1 min.
- Artefact is protected by 3 horn Minotaur King, when player pick up artefact after 30 sec boss respawn and start hunting player that holds artefact/ boss move 5% faster then player holding artefact
- boss do mele atack with his axe
- boss is immortal but any time teams deal fixed dmg to him he get stuned for 10sec
- boss is active only when player has artefact, if artefact is on floor boss freeze
- Artefact respawn after drop if not picked up in 2 min
- picking up / droping artefact takes 5sec
- Player that pick up artefact get all buffs removed, movement speed is slow down by 30%
- Artefact drop when hero die
- Player that have artefact can't get/use buffs
- Every 15 sec location of a artefact is refreshed on a map
- there are 3 runes [D/S/I] that can be activated after taking control over area for 10 sec, "D" gives your team 20% dmg boost for 100sec, "S" Inc movement speed of your team by 30 % for 100sec, "I" give all team one instant respawn token
- each rune respawn 120 sec after previous activation, if player dies he lose rune. "I" rune can't stack.
- moving on the most outer ring of the maze gives 30% movement speed

Game mode: Werewolf Castle Defence

This mode is simmilar to zombie survival mode from CoD with the difference that it happends in castle ruins and in order to survive next waves of enemies you don't buy better weapons but upgrade defence abilities of castle.

To upgrade your castle you will need some of 4 resources. You get gold by killing enemies. Castle should be surrounded by 3 areas. First one is forest where you can get wood. Second is rocky beach where you can get stones. Third one is are mountain caves where you can mine metal. Inside and around a castle are places with transparent blueprints. There should be one function key use to mine and to build. Each trap should be abble to be upgraded.

Resourced can be obtained only at the time of atack however building can be done at any time. After each wave there should be short 20 sec time brake before next wave.

I can't give idea of mining time, as well as size of each zone, dmg of traps and so one because it's a thing that can be only balanced when done and play tested.

Traps ideas:
A) crossbow with upgrades to chose like: multishoot, piercing shoot, burning, slow oil
B) spike traps: can be holes in grounds making enemy crawl back, rotating spikes pushing away enemy, trap that shoot spikes and pull mobs to it
C) Rolling stone that can be pushed after activating by player shooting it with rocket luncher : upgraded can leave flame trail behind, slowing oil, can be set as a bomb that push away emies when explode
D) Boosters point: can be upgrades as a jump boost, speed boost, dmg boost, faster heal regen

Game Mode: After Dark

It's a pvp that is based on your senses. The way it works is like deathmatch in assassin creed with some changes. It's max 6 players match Free For All or 3v3 battle. We respawn on a map full of illusions of us and other players and we get points for killing them.

So we have a map with lots of illusion of all players, these illusions can walk around, use items, drink beer in pub etc. What player have to do is find a real enemies and kill them.

Player skills:
[LMB] - Kill: it's a simple melle atack that kills targeted enemy so one hit = kill
[RMB] - Mark: You can mark a target for 7 seconds
1 Smoke - You drop a smoke bomb that allow you to runaway and hide
2 Control - Allow you to take control over illusion for 15sec to taunt enemy and mark him. Your own body is not moving then
3 Devil Eyes - Player can see all enemies but enemies can see him also
4 Unique - You can choose one of 3 skills.
a) Swap: you can change place with illusion / cooldown 60 sec
b) Voices: passive skill that allow you to hear whispers when enemy is close. Volume depends on how close the enemy is
c) Shadow: Make you invisible for 7 seconds but you can't move or atack / cooldown 60 sec

Some rules:
- time limit 20 min FFA , 25min 3v3
- highest score wins
- on 3v3 team points are added together
- on 3v3 allies can see target you marked
- killing enemy give 3 points
- killing illusion on FFA you loose 1 point
- killing illsuion on 3v3 battle give 2 points to enemy team

All skills cooldowns is thing to be play tested and balanced

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    you do know this is a MMO?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    pR8videospR8videos Member
    edited October 2020
    Nagash wrote: »

Yes, and mmos have arenas, mini games and live events.

First one is death match with some moba elements.
    Second is more advance mu online devil square with building mechanics.
    Third is fluff mini game.

Ofcourse main quest line, gameplay and bug fixes should be top priority but each game need more spice to not get boring.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread moved from Community Creations to General Discussion.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    I like the spirit but im not sure how i feel about things that are basically instanced battlegrounds from world of warcraft being added to the game.

Ill mull it over for a bit more...
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    GodgearGodgear Member, Intrepid Pack
    What you guys think of monster card battle mini game from final fantasy 8 I think
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm all for this kind of thing as limited time events. Not necessarily what the OP is suggesting in detail (though also not necessarily not that either), but running an event on occasion would make the game more attractive as a long term commitment.

Intrepid could set up a weekend each quarter to run a specific game mode like this. Rather than being a part of the regular game, it could be run on the test server (or some other non-live server). Depending on exact details of the event being run, players could use their characters from live servers for these events, or could be required to make one specific to the event.

The idea I am thinking is something similar to what Path of Exile used to do - they would run an entire month or so of events with different rules. It got a bit stale in that game because they over did it - but if it were only done once every few months, and if each month was different enough to be a new experience, I could see an MMO getting several years of additional subscriptions out of a large number of players.

As for rewards for this kind of thing, I would only ever suggets cosmetics. Very unique cosmetics, and potentially also very distinctive cosmetics, but only cosmetics.
  • Options
    I think a better thread would be "I want mini games like capture the flag and king of the hill", and see how the community feel about it.

This reads like you're trying to be a game designer, and I don't really see why. You don't need to give so much info "lasts 12 seconds" etc. as if the devs are going to just copy it detail for detail.

On topic I personally have hated every weird game mode or Halloween event mode etc that I've played. Dota 2 is awful for churning out garbage holiday events. Having said that if it's in the game and people enjoy it doesn't affect me.
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

You do now that one of the strengths of MMOs as a genre is content variety?

To op:
    I do like the generall concept of the first one, the rest are meh..
    The second one will probably exist in some kind of form as part of the Apoc Horde mode.
    Also personally i´d rather these kind of things as an open world event with some limits on participants. It could spawn some interesting situations.