Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ships in Bottles - Yay or Nay?

Magic ManMagic Man Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
Ships gotta come from somewhere when we summon them...so about a year ago I thought it'd be cool if they were summoned from bottles like in Pirates of the Caribbean Pearl etc. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like Ashes to have such a feature ? Perhaps showing them in your freehold even? 🌝

ShipsinBottlesPromo-1.png

signature.png

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea, and would like to add the ability to "capture" enemy player ships that have been destroyed. This will not take the ship away or anything but it would basically let a player collect the "trophies" of his sailing days to put on display in his home.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    It'd give a slightly more RP feel than just "bringing a huge ship out of your inventory". If it was in a bottle, it'd at least fit in a backpack.

The housing decoration was also mentioned in the player's Dev Discussion on Housing, and I liked it then, too!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I don't like anything that trivializes travel. Even pulling mounts out of your pack is cringeworthy in my opinion, a grand ship shouldn't feel like a vehicle some random can "spawn" when they feel like it. It needs weight.
  • Options
    Merek wrote: »
    I don't like anything that trivializes travel. Even pulling mounts out of your pack is cringeworthy in my opinion, a grand ship shouldn't feel like a vehicle some random can "spawn" when they feel like it. It needs weight.

@Merek Although I genuinely agree with you, in Ashes, they will be spawned. They could be spawned in various ways and I thought it'd be cooler if they were spawned from bottles d:
    signature.png
  • Options
    Magic Man wrote: »

@Merek Although I genuinely agree with you, in Ashes, they will be spawned. They could be spawned in various ways and I thought it'd be cooler if they were spawned from bottles d:

Ahs laahng ahs him character no have ti talk like Calypso, thaaht be fine.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020

Well they already work that way but with a limitation. you can only summon a boat from shore. In a world of magic its very simple to just wave it away as a magical catalyst that brings forth the true creature/structure.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I could see it happening, and I could see it expanding the lore of magic around vessels and inventory.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a "trophy" shelf of miniature ships for my freehold (seeing this pic).

As to a bottle to summon? It's just going to be a hot button icon, what's the point? But, I do like the idea for pen and paper playing. 😁
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I rather you can only summon a ship at a harbor
  • Options
    I rather you can only summon a ship at a harbor

@George Black That is the case! d:
    signature.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have a bottle of sand!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace