Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If you make skeletons of giant monsters in the world, please deliver a giant monster.

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So this is something I think monster hunter got right. Shadow of the Colossus got it to a T... If there are giant horns and building motifs of colossal scale, but you can't deliver a polished experience where you hunt a monster in a classical sense. Then do the sort of shadow of colossus style of encounter building, and really go deep. Make the monster terrain, make bits of it attack-able. Give it parasites. Get us to the monster-top and let us live the dream of interacting with the titans of the world.

Thanks for listening to my bit of world-building feedback. I noticed in Jahlon's interview monstrously huge skeletons as features of the background... please live up to the world-building promise of giant monsters that you've seeded.

Comments

• Options
    Ok so this gave me an idea for the Tulnar's emergence back into the open world above. What if they required the aid of a titanic creature, a guardian of sorts that spent most of its energies to help tunnel back to the surface for them. However, over time this creature has grown too old and its magical energies unstable. This causes it to devolve into fits of insanity from time to time until eventually it permanently becomes an issue for all those that dare near it. This could be the whole quest line as the original tulnar node grows, the creature causes monumental changes and gets more and more aggressive culminating in a massive world boss fight.

Such a creature could be the key to the entire zones major changes as the node progresses. Sort of a main questline if you will in that node.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    In the last dev update Jeff mentioned the word 'Leviathan' then the other devs laughed and said something like 'I see what you did there'....makes me wonder if there's a Leviathan monster in the game
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh what I could do with the bones of such monsters
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    ab0b099e728a86dfbc4153d51470609a.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is something you'll be fighting @Nagash . Not a pet.
    Maybe if you gather 8 other necromancers and pool your mana. :p
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    maouw wrote: »
    ab0b099e728a86dfbc4153d51470609a.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is something you'll be fighting @Nagash . Not a pet.
    Maybe if you gather 8 other necromancers and pool your mana. :p

Oh I can do that in a moment
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    We know there will be really massive mobs. This is one example we got a while ago. treant.png
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    Talents wrote: »
    We know there will be really massive mobs. This is one example we got a while ago. treant.png

I swear if I have to run past its sweeping arms to get into its chest and kill its heart imma scream.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    Talents wrote: »

I swear if I have to run past its sweeping arms to get into its chest and kill its heart imma scream.

*cries in chaos fireball*
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @OrcLuck i love this idea! I want the title "Bone Collector" if i'm exploring and find/interact with a variety of different colossus remains. I can't tell you how many times i've walked through some chest cavity and gone "god i hope i never have to fight this thing" but deep down....i want to fight it :D
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    @OrcLuck i love this idea! I want the title "Bone Collector" if i'm exploring and find/interact with a variety of different colossus remains. I can't tell you how many times i've walked through some chest cavity and gone "god i hope i never have to fight this thing" but deep down....i want to fight it :D

I want to have a house design that uses massive monster bones as part of its structure. Like a big F**k you dragon skull for a roof.
  • Options
    mrwaffles wrote: »

I present to you the Bone Collector

Necro_LineUp-Bonecollector.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    "Bone Collector" sounds like an undead dating service.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

no no no that would be neck romancer
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

2ht6y7.jpg
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

no no no that would be neck romancer

Haha I can't breath

giphy.gif
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    I think we can expect big monsers
    " These are the types of systems that we want to put in place where groups of a single primary archetype can come together to summon these types of effects that play off of what the identity of that archetype is.[14] – Steven Sharif

Summoners can collaborate to summon larger summons, such as Golems.[4]

A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.[15]
    The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.[15]"

So we might see some big ass fight
    Maybe between summoners gruops and raid/dungeon what ever or pvp like necros vs shadowmancers with diffrent agumnet i hope to see a big shadow beast against a giant skelton or someing in that direction
  • Options
    "We need Megazord power!"
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    That’s a Ranger augment.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

I want Mechagodzilla
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Me: *sees everyone talk about giant bone monsters*
    Nagash: *in ecstasy*
    Me: "GET THE BIG HAMMERS OUT BRO'S, WE GONNA HAVE TO SMASH THEM TO POWDER."
    Nagash: *sad bone noises*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

Did you forget my subclass is a healer? I can fix anything
    835adce3ef3f77990811f6a3a3c5be486c9b1e10b3225f98f29dc69ad22f2848_1.jpg?resize=589%2C334&ssl=1
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »

Did you forget my subclass is a healer? I can fix anything
    835adce3ef3f77990811f6a3a3c5be486c9b1e10b3225f98f29dc69ad22f2848_1.jpg?resize=589%2C334&ssl=1

lhqdtn02slc41.jpg