Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

"Steven avoids mentioning GW2 influence, its undeniable! But ill also avoid mentioning them" :D

Had this funny encounter on new Lazy Peons AoC video on youtube :D
[img][/img]hRnEurZ.png
RAZOR
Lineage 2 Veteran

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    He heard that Peon made a slight connection between GW2 and Ashes, so he obviously had to write something about it. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Razor 615Razor 615 Member
    edited October 2020
    Damokles wrote: »
    He heard that Peon made a slight connection between GW2 and Ashes, so he obviously had to write something about it. ;D

Lol...
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options
    I'm about 99% sure that in some of our previous videos where we're all playing together (either water mounts, or combat, or dungeons), one or more of us has mentioned our previous experience playing GW2.

Many of us have played many many MMOs over the years, and it's awesome to see how the design and development teams are building out the world of Verra with our distinct vision based on what we've learned from our previous gaming encounters!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    GW2 had really fluid combat. I hope Ashes combat feels as good.
  • Options
    Razor 615Razor 615 Member
    edited October 2020
    RAZOR
    Lineage 2 Veteran
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020
    Well that was silly.
    Bricktop wrote: »
    GW2 had really fluid combat. I hope Ashes combat feels as good.
    In a perfect world I would have mortal onlines skill system, blade and souls combat, and final fantasy 14's crafter/gatherer system.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    L2 influ ftw xD
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Anyone that has played an MMO, even WoW, would be able to look at specific things in Ashes and compare them to what they had in the MMO they have played.

If they have only played a small number of MMO's, then it would be understandable (expected, even) that they would think the similarities they see are influences.

It's kind of human nature to compare what you see to what you already know, if what you know is GW2, then that is what you are comparing Ashes to.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noaani wrote: »
    It's kind of human nature to compare what you see to what you already know, if what you know is GW2, then that is what you are comparing Ashes to.
    That's how we get alligators in clouds.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Why would you not take influence from already successful games, and then improve on them to make something better? I've no problem with them taking ideas from anywhere if it'll help make this game awesome.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AmmaAmma Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The biggest mistake you can make as a developer is to not get some things from other games, but to think that you know it better than the rest. Thats a way many gamedevelopers tried and failed.
    The main point is: What does the majority of the players like and want?
    If you give them what they want, then they like your game and stay with it, its as simple as that.
    So looking on other games and seeing what is well done, and somehow implement that in your game is never negative on the long run. The big question is what you make further, or how you can make the good things even better. I think one of the best ways for this is what IS is already doing: Communication with their future players.
    So if someone can see something from another game, then thats mostly a good thing!
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    That's how we get alligators in clouds.

Is "Allignado" the sequel to "Sharknado"?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/