Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Fun little idea for arenas.

Just a clarification, this is not a "please change this or do things the way I see it" post, so breathe easy developers and community.

Just had a cool idea where small-scale PvP arenas could be interactive. Not to say that you should get rid of the arenas where its just 1v1 or XvX, but I think a cool idea that really hasn't been tapped into as far as I know is arenas with hazards, or environments where you can trigger events to change the way the match is fought. Maybe even something as simple as having the walls covered in spikes and they deal damage if you touch them and after a certain amount of time passes they begin to close into the center. I don't know, I think there would be a lot of balancing to consider but at the same time, it could be neat to see different ways to try to mold ones environment to try to gain an advantage on the enemy. Maybe a melee class gets paired with a ranged class that directly counters them so they try to activate things that enable cover or to make the arena more restrictive and close quartered, this would drive the ranged class to have to prevent this from happening or attempt to activate disadvantages for the melee opponent.

I'm really just rambling on here but I think it would be a cool aspect for arena combat, makes it so you can have a battlefield that changes on the fly and allows the possibility for more balanced fights when otherwise the fight would not be balanced at all, seeing as there won't be a focus on individual balances with classes in small scale pvp. All that being said, it was just a fun little idea I had, do with it what you will!
GJjUGHx.gif

Comments

• Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited October 2020
    I like this idea.

Arenas needs to be standarized for serious competitiveness, but some small flair would reward enough improvisation.

Maybe the arena could have interactive elements spawning from time to time in X zone.
    Would give arena a bit of tactical positioning and timing.

I'm thinking about some small heals or mana recharge in shape of 3d bubbles.
    A teleporter.
    A temporary true sight buff.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    HuttBall was fun. Pushing people into deathtraps was good times.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    DemidreamerDemidreamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    HuttBall was fun. Pushing people into deathtraps was good times.

Totally agree. I would love to play something akin to Huttball.