Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mastering professions.

I know we haven't got much info on the subject besides the 3 paths to choose from. But what I understood so far, we will be able to master several professions within our chosen path. That worries me as a design.

I hope the professions are highly specialized.
Being able to master a single profession (For example, a Master miner) would allow you to feel more unique, and it will make trading way more alive, natural, and will allow for niche markets to be more profitable.

Maybe your guild doesn't happen to have a proper carpenter this way, so you have to come to me to process that rare wood you got. But, if it's kept generalistic and you are able to master multiple professions in your "path" , most things will be processed within your guild, or just by your own alts.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Crafting usually turns into an Alt-fest. I seem to recall seeing in a video that you can't transfer materials between alts, but I'm interested to see what they put into place to keep Crafting relevant as a gameplay option.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Sov54Sov54 Member
    edited October 2020
    Exactly. But people wont be investing the time and gold to level an alt to master carpenter or shipbuilder just to craft that puntual fancy wardrobe or cargo ship, so specializing would keep mastering those niche professions way more relevant.

Edit: I'm not talking only about monetary viability of your crafts or as a great RPG element, but also gets you invested more: If people contact you because your niche skills, that makes you socialize with more people, and gives you an extra reason to log in and feel like a helpful part or the world.
  • Options
    AmmaAmma Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What do you mean not leveling an alt?
    There are 64 classes which all want to be at max level :-)
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Sov54 first off your avatar image scares me lol. Secondly, I agree with this so much. I don't want to have to feel like I have to make an ult to do this. This will mostly be the econ of the players too. I'm okay with paying a shop fee to have someone else process / craft it for me.

This is how L2 was. A crafter got a rare recipe and you'd go to them to craft it. If they do something similar then a top tier processor would be, say 10% of the player base, and make it quite nice little side gig for them.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    @Sov54 first off your avatar image scares me lol.

Haha, it's fabulous isn't it! :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Sov54 wrote: »
    I know we haven't got much info on the subject besides the 3 paths to choose from. But what I understood so far, we will be able to master several professions within our chosen path. That worries me as a design.

That's the part they've said is still open to testing, so it's up in the air. I'm the same though, hoping mastery is very limited.

• Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    mrwaffles wrote: »
    @Sov54 first off your avatar image scares me lol.

Haha, it's fabulous isn't it! :D

"You SHALL NOT P -- ooo a CAT!" - Alfandolf
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png