Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A suggestion

Just to not, I got that idea from Albion Online. Adding a Black market to AoC where you can sell items to the game which will add the items to a loot table of which these ecaxt items can drop again from treasure chests, and when there is no item in the loot table that could drop because no player has sold it to the black market, then the black market will increase the price for that item to encourage players to sell it to the black market (but i think it won't work the same like in albion so maybe do it half half). which would give AoC an almost fully player driven economy. I simplified that heavily so if you want to know exactly how it works in ablion go watch a video of it here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIA449oH8k
maybe someone has ideas how to improve it so its compatible to AoC
signature_Wsesotobel818.png

Comments

• Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like this idea. I think it could be a part of the node system. It could be an option for the mayor of a node to reinvest into it's own economy. They'd put in a specific list of items and prices that they'd like to have purchased from players. Those said purchased items could then be rewards added to specific parts of the node. not just random trash mobs but maybe dungeons, or in town events
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    Sounds like the black market would just take away from the player economy so put (mostly) trash gear pieces into the loot tables of monsters.

All craftes gear pieces should go from the hands of the crafters to the hands of the players who want to use them. Not be sold to an NPC, who randomly distributes it to the loot tables in the world imo.

A wolf shouldn't drop armor pieces, he should drop claws and pelts used to make armor pieces.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020
    The main issue with this suggestion is that ashes wants you to build your gear up and keep it as something special where as albion is designed around easily disposable pieces of gear that are rapidly crafted by players to refill loot tables.

Ashes also will rarely drop completed pieces of gear and mostly focuses on material components being dropped so that they can be taken to a processer/crafter to make the gear.

Ultimately the current form of the black market is really cool for albion but would not work out too well in ashes.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited October 2020
    I think rare drops are important. Dropping those are by chance is a very nice feeling. I do however believe, that Gear dropping from monsters is obsolete.

Rare Drops from Monsters should be rare materials, that are worth loads of money for the reasons, that
    • they are rare
    • they are used for important crafting recipes

Let's take that wolf for example. If there should be a rare drop, then it should be a "impeccable wolf liver". Used to create a stack of the highest / second highest tier of Health Potion, that are very strong, but very rare.
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    The main issue with this suggestion is that ashes wants you to build your gear up and keep it as something special where as albion is designed around easily disposable pieces of gear that are rapidly crafted by players to refill loot tables.

Ashes also will rarely drop completed pieces of gear and mostly focuses on material components being dropped so that they can be taken to a processer/crafter to make the gear.

Ultimately the current form of the black market is really cool for albion but would not work out too well in ashes.

Agreed. I think rare drops also have much less potential in Albion Online for the simple reason that their crafting system is very shallow. For the very reason you mentioned, Gear is supposed to be replaceable, things are supposed to be dropped. Nothing in the loadout department matters.

This is different here. Where the crafting system is allegedly going to be a primary feature, where the highest tiers of crafted goods are scarce and rare.