Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Stages with mixed racial architecture

I love the way the nodes "level up," but instead of changing to the aesthetic of the race that contributed most to their next stage development, I think it would be really cool if previous stages maintained the racial identity they already had. So for example:
A bunch of dwarves bring a Stage 1 Expedition to Stage 3 Village. Then a bunch of elves move in and bring it from Village to Stage 4 Town. The "Stage 3" dwarven architecture that is already present remains and the 'growth' brought by the elves expands from the existing structures into the new Town size.

Similarly as a node is de-leveled through sieges, etc., you gradually peel back the higher level influences. Or maybe if a city is successfully sieged then it becomes homogenized as a single racial aesthetic (until further growth is achieved).

Not sure how much more complicated this would make things (likely a lot), but would be a neat way each node could REALLY have a unique story.

Comments

• Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They’ve already addressed this issue. They’ve said that the different cultures can be so different that their architectural styles would clash too much, not be aesthetically pleasing, and break immersion. It would be very difficult to naturally blend the different architectural styles.
  • Options
    Do you want a crappy version of new york city? Because this is how you get it.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    vmangman wrote: »
    They’ve already addressed this issue. They’ve said that the different cultures can be so different that their architectural styles would clash too much, not be aesthetically pleasing, and break immersion. It would be very difficult to naturally blend the different architectural styles.

This was my expectation, thanks for clarifying.