Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

disguise kit for Rouge + mage?

BlairBlair Member
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
We know rouges will have the ability to use predator level stealth in AOC but much like the fighter changing its charge to a teleport with mage, I was thinking rouge+ mage could use a disguise kit like TF2 with assassins creed like mechanics for city's and humanoid mobs. But hey what do you think and if you like this topic please like. :)

Comments

• Options
    The disguise in TF was really fun, I just don't see it being very useful in AoC outside of siege play which may or may not be frequent enough on certain servers to justify an ability like that. Would probably make a better epic level potion with a 1h duration or something.
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2020
    Well, we do have a good example for that:
    We had a certain spell in APOC called "Polymorph".
    This spell let you disguise yourself as a random object as long as you didnt move.
    They could just make it so that you could turn into a nearby dead NPC, which would be really funny.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    This spell let you disguise yourself as a random object as long as you didnt move.
    They could just make it so that you could turn into a nearby dead NPC, which would be really funny.

So some zombie level game play where we have to attack the dead after wiping an enemy? lol
    Tyrantor
    Master Assassin
    (Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
    Book suggestions:
    Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tyrantor wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »

So some zombie level game play where we have to attack the dead after wiping an enemy? lol

Nah. What I meant was, that a player yould use the appearance of a humanoid NPC that they killed for around 1min.
    Imagine a rogue stealthing into a city, killing a guard and then taking on the appearance of that guard. ^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    A spell that lets you look like a lootable corpse, with an [E] symbol for loot pick-up! And then you attack!!! :D:D:D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wow.
    I can already see it:
    10 people polymorph into rocks/trees/etc. waiting to ambush a lonely traveller.

F
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    TacualeonTacualeon Member
    edited October 2020
    This would be awesome.

Maybe a extra button next to a character portrait.
    Inspect
    Challenge duel
    Choose disguise

For medium size npcs and player models. Dispel on damage and attacks.

Adopting and visually changing 3d models is farily accesible.
    If you limit it only to 3d models that are already clickable you can simplify work. Npcs, player models; not trees or plants.

IF, they choose to make trees or plants disguise a thing, open world pvp would be super campy :D
  • Options
    Tacualeon wrote: »
    IF, they choose to make trees or plants disguise a thing, open world pvp would be super campy :D

Yeah, maybe there could be a very very faint stealth-like shimmer that could just as easily be put down to a graphics glitch. Give both sides a little chance.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 2020
    Id like to see this be used as an actual disguise kit. You look like another player until you take 10% of your hp in pvp damage.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT THE LEGENDARY GM OF THE TOP GUILD MINING ROCKS!?!?" No... its just an annoying rogue/mage.

you have to be able to see the target to turn into them though.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So like this then

dd6oxwo-1a215e78-1630-4605-95ff-4518bac0032e.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOTE5MzUwZmUtNzgxOC00YjAxLTgwYzktYTY3YmE3MDA0ZDI4XC9kZDZveHdvLTFhMjE1ZTc4LTE2MzAtNDYwNS05NWZmLTQ1MThiYWMwMDMyZS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.u5osl-BfuTKwL0wcapcnT7UeWffF3gtt-9fTdoTcBxA
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Good Day!

First off, this whole concept sounds awesome. I've only really experienced is as a cosmetic/quest gimmick in other games.

Additionally, I think the idea of disguise kits could be expanded to embrace the shifting of the second archetype.

As an example, Primary Archetype is Rogue.

Scenario 1 - Secondary is Fighter (class: Duelist) could gain renown on the server as Lord Steve who frequently is seen protecting caravans and attending political events.

Scenario 2 - Secondary is Bard (class: Charlatan) could blend into the city streets of competing metropolises or castles as Charlie the Card Shark, all the while gaining insight and knowledge to help his guild.

Scenario 3 - Secondary is Rogue (class: Assassin) could gain renown as a nameless assassin that PKs important individuals or aids the taking of important caravans. Both scenario 1 and 2 could be an enabler for them to gain access and provide a 'cover identity' for the assassin type.

This kind of system would really allow individuals to role play their characters and make for a more immersive world. Additionally, it would encourage players to work hard at alternate secondary archetypes.

Also, Nagash, that comic is so dope. I really hope the secondary archetypes are powerful/unique enough to emphasize that type of play.