Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be machicolations on castle walls and city's?

BlairBlair Member
edited October 2020 in Support & FAQ
The reason why I'm asking if there will be machicolations on the walls, is not only because they where ESSENTIAL for castle defence in real life, but that they would also give manning the walls a far better dynamic when in a siege. It would allow players to fight solders (and monsters during the coin event) hugging the wall for cover while setting up the siege ladders. (If you have ladders in AOC that is, but they would still be useful without them.) Thank you for your time. here are some pictures for reference.
A5machicolation.jpg
lewes_castle_machicolations.jpg?resize=1024%2C577&ssl=1
castle_gatehouse_raglan.jpg?resize=675%2C380&ssl=1

Comments

• BlairBlair Member
    edited October 2020
    i
  • *triggered*
    Machicolations+_c24c8d17cfdf72859af30b474a64cbf5.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can see them being in-game but I'm not sure how the would work in game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As far as we know there has been no mention of such a mechanic in Ashes. If you wish to discuss this topic further I suggest you make a thread in the General Discussion sub-forum here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-general-discussion

This thread will now be closed. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.