Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PLease Give a Voice to NPC that are given Quest

2»

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    With the way the node system is. Every world will in theory be different. I am hoping that means that there is no specific main story quest with voice acted "main characters" I am not going to care about. I hope that every NPC will be a generic towns person with a few dialog options for RP. I don't think the world should have Main character NPCs. The main characters of the world should be the guild leaders who own castles and whoever has the most power in your node at the time.
    This part I totally agree with.

The thing is, we know - for example - that the occupants of the castles when the servers go live will be the main antagonists of the game, at least at the start. This requires some lore (who are they, where did they come from, how did they get to the castles before the rest of us?), and there is no reason at all to not also have some smaller stories around these characters.

Again, I agree that there is no need for stories around cities, their leadership or anything like that. This is a large part fo the lore in many games, and Ashes straight up doesn't need it. Obviously, this is something that is driven by players, and something that will be vastly different on each server

However, the major encounters that each node state spawn - as well as the monster coin encounters - should all have lore around them. This lore isn't necessarily important to play the game - you can kill a dragon without knowing what it is doing. However, if you are the kind of person that wants to know these things, the world will feel empty and lifeless if the information is not available.