Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Prices

One would think with the world gone tits up, re Covid etc, prices for these games would reflect that, but nope, cheapest version of this game is $75 crazy.

|But then again that's just imo

Comments

• Options
    lol. You're not even buying the game tho.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    TudorRebelTudorRebel Member
    edited November 2020
    Sathrago wrote: »
    lol. You're not even buying the game tho.

Not sure what difference that makes, but there is a very good chance I will buy the game, unaware where you getting your info from?
  • Options
    WarthWarth Member
    edited November 2020
    @TudorRebel

that's incorrect. The game costs 15$ a month upon release. Probably cheaper for multi month subscriptions.

But no, you aren't buying the game. The game itself doesn't cost anything. You buy monthly access to it, the same way you'd buy monthly access to a gym or a source of online media.
  • Options
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Hiya! As some helpful folks in this thread have already mentioned and linked, Ashes of Creation will be a subscription-based game with no box cost after launch, where the only items available in the Shop will be cosmetic ones (no P2W).

The packs currently available in our Shop get you some bonus perks like guaranteed early access to testing, Embers (shop currency), subscription time, and cosmetics - we understand if those early packs aren't for everyone, and hope that you'll join us once the game launches so you can play on a subscription basis! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020

The packs currently available in our Shop get you some bonus perks like guaranteed early access to testing, in-game currency, subscription time, and cosmetics - we understand if those early packs aren't for everyone, and hope that you'll join us once the game launches so you can play on a subscription basis! <3

Just to head off any future usage of the bolded phrase in ill-informed arguments about P2W, this is referring to the Ember coins and monster tokens used for the cosmetic shop and events, respectively. NOT for in-game currency like gold for use between players and NPC shops. Correct, @LieutenantToast?

Might be unnecessary to point out, but better safe than sorry, I think.
  • Options
    Amended my post accordingly to make it more clear :smiley: this does indeed refer to Embers, the currency that would be used in the in-game Shop - NOT direct in-game currency like gold per se.
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    If you break down the prices of the Pre-Order packs and really calculate the value of each item offered there-in; I think most would discover that it's really an amazing deal! You'll be pre-paying for future subscription time, getting pre-paid Ember currency (for the cosmetic Shop), unique Skins and the best over all: EARLY access to the game and the ability to HELP find bugs and make the game great at launch!

If you subtract the cash-value of the Sub-time, the Embers and the Skin...that's what you are actually left paying. Now whatever that cash value is; THAT is the price you'll be paying for early access. And if you purchased the Voyager or Voyager-Plus; you're early access starts at the Alpha 2 level. Then you'll have Beta 1 & 2! Just think about the potential months & months of extra playing time that you'll get! Well before anyone else does at the retail level!

I'm super stoked for Alpha 2. ^_^
    I like to look at the Voyager-Plus package as: Early access to Ashes of Creation. And everything else in the pack being the icing on the proverbial cake. NOM-NOM!

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    Personally I find the cosmetic pre-order items to be super expensive. I mean, $20 for a mount skin? That's... a lot. I get that it's basically the only revenue stream right now keeping the entire studio alive to make this a reality for the community, but seems steep.

... not that that stopped me from buying the maple leaf winged drake this month which looks SICK. But still.
  • Options
    Miinstrel wrote: »
    ... not that that stopped me from buying the maple leaf winged drake this month which looks SICK. But still.

Something's worth what someone will pay for it.

And you paid it!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    TudorRebelTudorRebel Member
    edited November 2020
    Warth wrote: »
    @TudorRebel

that's incorrect. The game costs 15$ a month upon release. Probably cheaper for multi month subscriptions.

But no, you aren't buying the game. The game itself doesn't cost anything. You buy monthly access to it, the same way you'd buy monthly access to a gym or a source of online media.

Ahh kk sorry I was talking about the Pre order bits, saying that, I was wrong. cheers for replies.
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Miinstrel wrote: »
    Personally I find the cosmetic pre-order items to be super expensive. I mean, $20 for a mount skin? That's... a lot. I get that it's basically the only revenue stream right now keeping the entire studio alive to make this a reality for the community, but seems steep.
    Ashes is fully funded through launch with $30+ million already set aside. Buying cosmetics is optional but it is not necessary for the game to launch.

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    do your research.

You would be surprised how often I ask the same thing
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    If you break down the prices of the Pre-Order packs and really calculate the value of each item offered there-in; I think most would discover that it's really an amazing deal! You'll be pre-paying for future subscription time, getting pre-paid Ember currency (for the cosmetic Shop), unique Skins and the best over all: EARLY access to the game and the ability to HELP find bugs and make the game great at launch!

If you subtract the cash-value of the Sub-time, the Embers and the Skin...that's what you are actually left paying. Now whatever that cash value is; THAT is the price you'll be paying for early access. And if you purchased the Voyager or Voyager-Plus; you're early access starts at the Alpha 2 level. Then you'll have Beta 1 & 2! Just think about the potential months & months of extra playing time that you'll get! Well before anyone else does at the retail level!

I'm super stoked for Alpha 2. ^_^
    I like to look at the Voyager-Plus package as: Early access to Ashes of Creation. And everything else in the pack being the icing on the proverbial cake. NOM-NOM!

You missing the point, times are hard now for a lot of people, (no I'm not one of them as own a small company), although the value may be great, I think these prices are high, but everyone has their own opinion
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    do your research.

But then people like yourselves are normally toxic for the game, if you don't like the thread just move on.

I have played MMO for over 30 years now, seen your type in everyone of them, thankfully you always the minority, unfortunately a very vocal minority
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2020
    TudorRebel wrote: »
    do your research.

But then people like yourselves are normally toxic for the game, if you don't like the thread just move on.

I have played MMO for over 30 years now, seen your type in everyone of them, thankfully you always the minority, unfortunately a very vocal minority

You've been playing MMO's since 1990?

Something doesn't quite add up there.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    do your research.

And what is my type? The guy who does research?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    You missing the point, times are hard now for a lot of people, (no I'm not one of them as own a small company), although the value may be great, I think these prices are high, but everyone has their own opinion

So, don't buy a pre-order box-set, and just wait for release. Times may be better in 2-3 years when this comes out. You don't HAVE to join in the Alpha tests right now.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

So, don't buy a pre-order box-set, and just wait for release. Times may be better in 2-3 years when this comes out. You don't HAVE to join in the Alpha tests right now.

Surely this game will be out before that i thought it was slated for a release this year?
    >:)
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Surely this game will be out before that i thought it was slated for a release this year?

No way, my dude.

Please take a closer look at the release schedule here and guestimate accordingly:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

No way, my dude.

Please take a closer look at the release schedule here and guestimate accordingly:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule

If they didn't research in the first place, giving them something else to research is probably wasting your time...
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    do your research.

MMO's are only a real thing since 1995 with the release of Meridian 59.
    @Nagash is one of the most patient forum members i actually know, please dont start throwing around accusations...
    I dont see you crying that WoW should decrease the price of its next release or any of the other released games going down with their price.

Ashes itself has NO BOX PRICE. NO ONE FORCES YOU TO BUY SH*T. IF YOU HAE THE MONEY, THEN FINE SUPPORT THE CREATORS AND GET SOME NICE SKINS. IF NOT, THEN WAIT FOR THE GAME TO BE RELEASED AND ONLY PAY THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION.

My god, I see people like you in every forum, but I get fucking angry all the same...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Damokles wrote: »
    My god, I see people like you in every forum, but I get fucking angry all the same...
    I'm honestly wondering if they got me and Nagash confused somehow...
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

hahaha well we do post a lot on the forum so maybe :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

I understand. General financial problems abound for a vast majority of people. Especially in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. I, myself, was laid-off from my position with a company that I had worked loyally for, for 16 years. And then I couldn't get work afterwards for some time, because no one was hiring. Because of the pandemic.

But, back to the point- No one has to purchase the Pre-Order packs to play Ashes of Creation. They are a vanity purchase only.

You don't even have to buy the game itself. If I'm understanding this correctly, simply paying $15 a month lets you escape earth-reality for a month to enjoy Verra instead:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Subscription_model

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options

You know, every time someone comes and posts something.... lets call it "different" (you know what i mean)... I just imagine a knight riding by and decapitating them verbally with a warhammer. I never found a fitting gif sadly :/
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2020

You know, every time someone comes and posts something.... lets call it "different" (you know what i mean)... I just imagine a knight riding by and decapitating them verbally with a warhammer. I never found a fitting gif sadly :/

Well this was my first thought but the message, I feel, is the same.

giphy.gif
  • Options

Does this work

tenor.gif?itemid=6176269
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Does this work

tenor.gif?itemid=6176269

YES!
    a6XEiIf.gif