Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Passive resource generation and Quarriors

So I read in the wiki we can have a cute little critter named quarrior that will farm gems for us in our freehold. Of course we don't know yet how is this going to be implemented but I want to advice against passive resource generation. Getting free resources just by waiting is boring and devaluates the market, I believe all resources should be actively acquired by player action in order to have some value in the market.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    Excuse you, but I as a Jewel smith appreciate the work my Quarrior will put into getting me those most likely low-level gems!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Kionashi wrote: »
    So I read in the wiki we can have a cute little critter named quarrior that will farm gems for us in our freehold. Of course we don't know yet how is this going to be implemented but I want to advice against passive resource generation. Getting free resources just by waiting is boring and devaluates the market, I believe all resources should be actively acquired by player action in order to have some value in the market.

I fully agree. Why reward people for not playing?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I have a better idea! Rename quarriors to nifflers! That is what they already are, so it would just be nifflers!
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Excuse you, but I as a Jewel smith appreciate the work my Quarrior will put into getting me those most likely low-level gems!

if you want gems wouldn't be more fun to go to the mines and mine them yourself?, and if you don't wanna go grind low level gems, Im sure there would be plenty of low level players that are going to that mine anyways so you could buy the gems from them.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2020
    Hopefully, with the companion smartphone app, we'll be able to do farming/mining/etc when not logged in fully.

Ohhhh man, I'm going to be so addicted to this game.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Hopefully, with the companion smartphone app, we'll be able to do farming/mining/etc when not logged in fully.

Ohhhh man, I'm going to be so addicted to this game.
    The app should be called Querier, to run queries about your Quarrior’s status.

Hhak63P.png