Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Idea: Godly powers given to the chosen one(s)

Imagine putting a sword in the stone in the game, a sword of absolutely OP godly powers: All players are given an option when they click on it: Attempt to pull it out.
Nobody will be able to.

Until... one day.
Once characters have reached max level, they can truly see if they are the CHOSEN ONE.
Only one character on the entire server will be able to pull it out. Maybe it's chosen totally at random, maybe it's given to the "best" warrior by checking their lifetime K/D ratio on their levelling journey to max level, or something like that, who knows.

But just that idea, of CERTAIN people being CHOSEN seemingly at random or by the nature of their spirit and character, given godly powers.

Perhaps one of each ultimate weapon type of each class can be distributed this way, making only 8 people on the entire server these absolute gods that the entire meta of the server needs to be built around.

Perhaps over time they will lose the power of the weapon, and another will be chosen... or something

Comments

• Options
    Sov54Sov54 Member
    edited November 2020
    "And this is how Timmy, the toxic kid that makes jokes about your mother, became a GOD AMONG MEN! "
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    I would love it if there was something in-game inspired by the Sword in the Stone!

What would make it AMAZING is if:
    It's the one weapon in the game that always drops if you die.

Like the ring from LotR - men killing each other for a taste of its power.
    Like the Elder Wand from HP - whose true owner changed with every duel won/lost
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    It sounds fun until the little shitlord that gets this starts ganking you with it.

Also,
    Damokles wrote: »
    No.

5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    If they're good enough to kill people anyway, they don't need extra help with god-like weapons.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    And as bob, the corrupt gold seller, pulled the sword from the stone, all gazed upon him in fear... For two seconds, then they all just left the server for one that wont have the god-sword being sold for hundreds of dollars.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Mine
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Mine

No.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Mine

No.

But Damokles I want it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Mine

No.

But Damokles I want it

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4713m4u9ptzbix96oklqyn4wvd8cujyb0189abds8z&rid=giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Mine

No.

But Damokles I want it

fc04434024494f944c22f74c4c8049b0.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    no.
    That is what some single player games are for. Not online games
  • Options
    Mine

No.

But Damokles I want it

fc04434024494f944c22f74c4c8049b0.jpg

Well now you've gone and done it Damokles. Nothing is sorrier looking than a sulking lord of the undead.

And I'm in the N-O way in hell crowd.

This is great if YOU get it but sucks for everyone else. There was someone in ESO that got a hold of an item that made him nearly invincible. He was able to take on entire warbands of people without much worry at all. Must have been fun for them but it sucked to be killed......repeatedly and then eventually routed. An entire warband denied getting to a dungeon boss by ONE person. SO again I say.....please no.

I almost feel this way about flying mounts since there will only be like 10 on a server but it really doesn't help you in combat so, eh.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Mine

@Nagash is already concocting way to abuse this hypothetical "Power" (in his mind) before ever receiving it. Ha!
    Probably a good sign that such Godly power shouldn't be wielded by us lowly inhabitants of Verra. At least; power-levels to the extent that the OP would be suggesting.

I'm okay with godly Gifts & Blessings...but awe-inspiring destructive/indestructible capabilities, as @PlagueMonk mentioned in ESO.... ack! Horrifying.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL
  • Options
    Mine

@Nagash is already concocting way to abuse this hypothetical "Power" (in his mind) before ever receiving it. Ha!
    Probably a good sign that such Godly power shouldn't be wielded by us lowly inhabitants of Verra. At least; power-levels to the extent that the OP would be suggesting.

I'm okay with godly Gifts & Blessings...but awe-inspiring destructive/indestructible capabilities, as @PlagueMonk mentioned in ESO.... ack! Horrifying.

tenor.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Mine

tenor.gif

Well, if it's the Fellblade I will finish the job my brothers attempted so many years ago and, "give it to you" >:)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @PlagueMonk

Now you listen here you child of the great rat I will rip you asunder just like I did to your avatar don't mess with me
    Nagash-Lord-of-the-Undead.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I think it's fine if other people can kill you and loot it from you.
    :)

good luck holding on to that.
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited November 2020
    @PlagueMonk

Now you listen here you child of the great rat I will rip you asunder just like I did to your avatar don't mess with me
    Nagash-Lord-of-the-Undead.jpg

Ah good, seems I have finally roused you (and your ire) from your broody mood! I have done my job. :)

Yes, yes, yes....let the fireballs commence! :#
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Personally, I think the Idea of giving a Player god like power could be cool. But instead of giving a player free movement control, you instead just make them a raid boss, perhaps with 6 abilities and 2 summons that would be on a rotational cooldown.

Essentially a player controlled raid where the final boss is an actual player that is ascended to god hood on a weekly basis. Devs could have alot of fun with this. For example every raid wiped could add resources from the raids storage to the player who controls the raid, while the death of the player in control of raid would lose all their resources upon their death. theres tons of things they could do with this.
  • Options
    Oh what if it was a monster coin that gave you the powers
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

"Chosen one, I grant you the power to rain UTTER DESTRUCTION upon this city!*

*failing to do so within the next 3 hours will incur a penalty of being forever haunted by spirits until you are killed"
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

*failing to do so within the next 3 hours will incur a penalty of being forever haunted by spirits until you are killed"

*plays a super tank class and runs into the enemy open world raid, forcing the apparitions to attack my enemies first*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    maouw wrote: »

*plays a super tank class and runs into the enemy open world raid, forcing the apparitions to attack my enemies first*

That would be AMAZING.

and then someone would put a bounty on your head, but you'd have a league of apparitions protecting you.
  • Options
    Also, lets be real. If you have the blade of ultimate hollas and it can one-shot people ... you aren't going to use it to PK some folks on a caravan run. Thats the kind of stuff people shelf an entire character for, till they need to do a siege or w/e when wielder can have 12 healers stacked on them etc. You can always count on people to abuse power.
  • Options
    Nope, nope. I've watched too many isekai animes in the last few years and wish the trend be done by now.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Percimes wrote: »
    Nope, nope. I've watched too many isekai animes in the last few years and wish the trend be done by now.

It's not finished until they make the vending machine isekai an anime.

aoe05gm_700b.jpg
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sorry I don't want to play second fiddle to your SAO fantasy. I at least want everyone to have a theoretical fair shake at enjoying the game. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    I do wonder if the higher tier monster coins will let you become a boss
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Chosen one? No, that just sounds like a bad time incoming. Legendary items that can be obtained outside of raids however? Now there's something there to work with!
    E8OOol.gif