Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dual Class System Inspiration

I saw this game years ago and immediately got on board, but life has happened since then. I just got the time to look back in and watched a full breakdown of where it has developed to date.

I wanted to ask of the dev team, the primary and sub class mechanics are very similar to the dual class mechanics from Runes of Magic which I thought were brilliant, added a whole new layer or depth and customization to the game but unfortunately have never seen iterated on, on any newer releases.

Is this mechanic partially inspired by the one which I referenced, and is the intent for the system to allow players to highly customize themselves within their class to various roles. Also later in the game life cycle they added a third class which players could switch between and level independently, so it required more work but allowed you to access more build variety within the game. Is this a planned feature down the road?

I know in runes of magic, any of the 3 classes could become your primary and any other your secondary, which is seems the primary is locked, so I am just curious how restrictive the secondary choice will be.

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• Options
    This link might help: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes

At the moment, I believe the idea is to allow the changing of the Secondary archetype, but it won't be a 'quick swap' thing.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    You won't be able to change your primary archetype. Having a third archetype is a cool idea but there are already a lot of customization options with just a secondary archetype. Each secondary archetype (subclass) option can change your primary archetype (main class) abilities in 4 different ways, and your race, religion, and social organization will all have other ability customizations too.