Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

QOTD: What aspect of AoC excites you the most?

self explanatory title whats the most exciting thing about AoC to you?
for me its the caravan pvp system!

also i know i said i was gonna make this a daily thing and that hasn't changed
i skinned my finger while opening my door on the way to my dog who got her head stuck in the pet gate (shes fine!)
and ended up breaking my finger a few days ago when i fell off the roof (very lucky it was just a broken finger, doctors said the fact the fall didn't cause a bone explosion in my right arm baffles them) but i'm back and i'm back for good! cant wait to catch up on all the new info that has come out and i cant wait to interact with you wonderful people of this amazing community again!
854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Glad your ok. You sound a little accident prone.

For me the Node system is exciting both sides of it. Building them up and burning them down. Making the world more dynamic is a nice change of pace.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I see so many systems I like from games I like in ashes its is hard to decide.

Everything should come together to create awesome emergent gameplayer experiences. That is what I am most excited for. When the many systems come together to create that "fantasy world simulator".

Tangent:
    If you look at the design goal of Daggerfall vs Morrowind-skyrim. You see that Daggerfall was trying to create systems that make it so that you never need a DM because the world is so well simulated. They never truly succeeded with Daggerfall, but every elder scrolls game after has been less about simulation, and more about telling its story. The games that get me the most excited are the ones where the simulation creates my story.
    I see a lot of this in AOC with the possibilities of the node system.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2020
    1) The fact that I can play open world pvp without dealing with p2w players.

2) There is emphasis on guild gameplay

3) The lack of story mode. I feel that I will be free to find enjoyment from adventuring, instead of following the POI marker and checking my map non stop.

4) A new character that will grow over time and effort. Hopefully dual wielding wont be as dissapointing as it was the last 6 years.
  • Options
    ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For me, I'm excited to see the node system and how the map will develop. I'm a natural adventurer in games, I don't like staying in one town or area and love to explore.

Also, the lore sounds very promising and the character races/classes.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For me it's simple - an mmorpg world which can kill you and that there are consequences for those deaths. With most other mmorpgs death is just a momentary setback that is ultimately pointless, so I'm glad Intrepid are changing that.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    The fact that a gamer is directing in which direction the game goes. Rather than someone who just wants to look at the business side of things.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    Glad your ok. You sound a little accident prone.

For me the Node system is exciting both sides of it. Building them up and burning them down. Making the world more dynamic is a nice change of pace.

the node system is indeed very interesting and i cant wait to see how it will affect the game as a whole

on the accident prone thing its actually my first 2 injuries in over a year xD generally speaking its health issues that get me down kekw
    the circumstances were also very unique so i dont expect a similar streak of injuries for a very long time
  • Options
    I'm excited for the amount of Artisan Professions available, and how they will come together to form the complex economy expected.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I'm excited for the amount of Artisan Professions available, and how they will come together to form the complex economy expected.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd...

i find it endearing don't shoot yourself down! :p
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nodes 3
  • Options
    I made a survey about this earlier and open world PvP was the most popular choice if I can remember correctly. I have since then changed my mind from building the node to open world PvP too. More specific how I can loot other player after a kill.
  • Options
    Sunboy wrote: »
    I made a survey about this earlier and open world PvP was the most popular choice if I can remember correctly. I have since then changed my mind from building the node to open world PvP too. More specific how I can loot other player after a kill.
    i asked about individual excitement i didnt ask about a set thing
    big difference
  • Options
    Oh dude, that sounds painful, I hope you're better now.

As for what Im excited about... a lot of people will say the nodes system but what I really want is the whole player driven economy thing, I like that most of the items you can buy in stores will be player made, and I really want to be a dedicated artisan and spend my days creating legendary items or simply mass producing low level stuff to sell for profit. I just hope the whole crafting system will be engaging enough so I don't burn trough all my resources in 1 minute or just spend hours looking at a progress bar without being able to do anything else.
  • Options
    Yuquiyu wrote: »
    Sunboy wrote: »
    i asked about individual excitement i didnt ask about a set thing
    big difference

I made some small talk about my survey and then presented my favourite part of the game. What’s the problem?
  • Options
    Been looking to itch the bio engineering scratch from SWG for a long time. So getting some taming and animal husbandry in is just going to barely edge out for me ... even if I can't quite make a sork-legged, zebra-striped, space cows that shoot acid at my foes, I am sure it will still be awesome.

Close second is bounty hunting.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Running my guild and growing a solid community. I feel like AoC is setting me up for success in this area.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Definitely the node system. The idea that player actions can guide how the world itself develops. The idea that from week to week things might change dramatically and I'm not looking at the same world all the time.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    No singular thing as such, but more the meta side of things like the development crew having worked on games I loved in my own past; a fresh new game and class system build by people that love mmos themselves. Stuff like that... makes all the difference in the world and I am excited to see how this all plays out.
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited November 2020
    Would declaring war on the overworlders be out of line? >:) (especially necromancers :* )
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    The "everything" part.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Easy. The Pvp. That (hopefully) smaller organized groups can hold their own against bigger groups both in the open world and sieges.
    SIG.png
    We are recruiting PvPers!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Killing tulnar
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    Killing tulnar
    Hmm, pest control as an in-game profession?

I could see the logo of a grinning skull on a tank that sprays pesticide.

“Does that symbol warn people about poison?”

“No, that’s a portrait of our founder.”

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    Killing tulnar
    Hmm, pest control as an in-game profession?

I could see the logo of a grinning skull on a tank that sprays pesticide.

“Does that symbol warn people about poison?”

“No, that’s a portrait of our founder.”

I am going to get this made now
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    PercimesPercimes Member
    edited November 2020
    I've been thinking for a long time about this one. I think what I find the most interesting about AoC is that's it's not as theme-park-y as most recent mmos. A lot of the content will be created by the players. The very world will develop depending on what the players will do. Much less things are fixed.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    Comparing the development and content of 2 servers a year after launch will be interesting.

Will each server progress their own way or will both servers follow a meta?
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )