High Roller Las Vegas Launch and Play Proposal

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
I propose to add on a third pre-launch play day. Hence, if you attend the launch party in Las Vegas, you can rent playtime on a station before the two-day head start perks. Eligibility based on registration & attendance, backer level, and hourly rental fee (for the station). As example, based on backer proportional statistics, Avatars can sign up for a computer gaming station for X hours (first in pecking order), while Royalty is apportioned Z hours for the fee during launch. Special guests and friends of Intrepid not withstanding. Hence, when we are flying back home – we have a reasonable head start compensation like the ‘Bravers’ and above who have a two-day head start from the general public. Moreover, the hourly fees defray the cost of Intrepid purchasing computer hardware, setting up stations, hotel space fees, and plugging into the AOC server(s). Make sense. Just a proposal. What do you think?

Comments

• Nah. Sounds crap.

Might be cos I can't get to Vegas, but, you know..... :p
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From what I have heard Steven actually regrets offering the early start. Besides, there is a good chance that the head start servers will die early. People generally will not want to join a server on day one that is already populated by about 10k people with a head start.

Personally, I am planning on using the head start to look around at the released game for a couple of days and then switching servers for the full release.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    From what I have heard Steven actually regrets offering the early start. Besides, there is a good chance that the head start servers will die early. People generally will not want to join a server on day one that is already populated by about 10k people with a head start.

Personally, I am planning on using the head start to look around at the released game for a couple of days and then switching servers for the full release.

Nah, Steven doesn't regret offering head start, he got asked that in Discord a few months ago and replied with this.
    nKyVkqF.png

nI17Ea4.png
  • FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    Talents wrote: »

Nah, Steven doesn't regret offering head start, he got asked that in Discord a few months ago and replied with this.
    nKyVkqF.png

Ok. Still, I wouldn't count on the head start servers being very populated as people starting on or near launch day probably won't want to start 2 days behind.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm just going to play on release day like the rest of my guild mates. There is nothing I need nor want from the head start even when have it.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not a fan of the idea, but y'all do y'all. Ima be in my lair.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »
    I'm just going to play on release day like the rest of my guild mates. There is nothing I need nor want from the head start even when have it.

Since when did Death Incarnate have friends?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I now understand the big picture. High rollers are donation folk (cash cows)
    What more do you expect from a developer that is adamant to not allow any form of paid advantage?

If you are paying a cent more than the base price of access to the servers, you are paying it because you want to pay it.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If he hadn't been banned from the Discord and wasn't just batshit he would realize that the Vegas launch party won't occur at the exact same time as release. The "launch party" will not conflict with people's plans to utilize headstart or play the game.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
    maouw wrote: »

Since when did Death Incarnate have friends?

maybe friends was too strong a word, meat shields may be better
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • If he hadn't been banned from the Discord and wasn't just batshit he would realize that the Vegas launch party won't occur at the exact same time as release. The "launch party" will not conflict with people's plans to utilize headstart or play the game.

As usual, your posts are full of pure Win. Keep up the good work!

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • @daveywavey what does WIN stand for?

I don't think you'd understand.

edited November 2020
    @skafftaruss
    daveywavey this is proof positive Ashes of Creation needs a rating: https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide
    Obviously Ashes will need a rating.

The thing with ESRB ratings though, is that you can't get one until your product is in it's release state.

As to your video, all I can say is, wtf was that? All it is proving is that you do not understand the difference between the act of using a word, and how a word is used.

You say words like "bitch" are banned on these forums, but that is blatantly not true. That word is perfectly fine when applied to, say, my dog. It is not, however, ok to use when talking about another poster. Even if you know said poster well, it is not ok - as neither the mods nor other posters will be aware of that relationship context, and so see nothing other than the use of that word to describe another poster.

This isn't a case of the word being used causing a ban, but rather the way you are talking about another poster. The way language is being used is in the entire construct of the sentence, not in the fact that a single word is present.

Language is not just a selection of individual words, but rather the structure of form, context and meaning by which they are used.

That said, not understanding this would, perhaps, explain some of your posts.
    Is this combination of words conducive to free thought and harmony?[/b]
    Who said anything about free thought and harmony?

Where did that come from?
  • CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Unknown answered it pretty well, I don't have the exact quote, but Steven I believe stated that the launch party would be prior to head start servers being up.
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
    So harmony is not your goal?
    I don't have any goals on these forums - and even if I did, what factor would any goal I may have play in to this discussion? You are talking about the forums rules, not individual player goals.

Your video was talking about how you think Intrepid needs to have better rules on the forums, and when someone attempted to engage you in discusison about that, you immediately switched to talking about whether a specific post was conductive to harmony and free thought. You immediately, at literally the first opportunity, jumped off of your own conversational topic of forum rules on to a nonsensical attempt at discussion that has no place or merit.

It is saying things like this that are why people think the things of you that they do (see Unknown's post above to understand). This literally makes no sense, and is just outright weird to bring in to the conversation.
    Didn't you say 'spank dat ass' over two years ago?
    No, those specific letters are not something I would ever type out in that specific order (as they are not all words, so I can't say those words are something I would not type out).
    At least I kept my true name.
    I've been using this name in gaming since the late 90's.

As usual, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't think you do, either.
    Language is not just a selection of individual words, but rather the structure of form, context and meaning by which they are used. Speak plain English instead of psychobabble.
    That was plain English.

Psychobabble is a term used to describe jargon used in psychology, it isn't a catch-all word to use to denote things you do not understand. You yourself said words have meaning, I think the issue is that you don't understand the meaning of the words you use - as is the case here.

I already explained context to you, which is the key part of what you seem to have taken issue with.
    Remind me what pack had the launch party?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Leader of Men is, iirc, the first to get the invite.
    Noaani wrote: »

Leader of Men is, iirc, the first to get the invite.

To vegas? I was sure that was higher
    nJ0vUSm.gif

edited November 2020
    From memory, you get the invite at leader of men, and then higher tiers get additional invites and hotel rooms paid for, as well as an invite to a dinner with the developers during the launch party.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    I don't have any goals on these forums - and even if I did, what factor would any goal I may have play in to this discussion? You are talking about the forums rules, not individual player goals.

Your video was talking about how you think Intrepid needs to have better rules on the forums, and when someone attempted to engage you in discusison about that, you immediately switched to talking about whether a specific post was conductive to harmony and free thought. .

They definitely do, but if they did, the forums would become a wasteland very fast and the banhammer wouldn't get much rest.

EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
    FliP wrote: »

Your video was talking about how you think Intrepid needs to have better rules on the forums, and when someone attempted to engage you in discusison about that, you immediately switched to talking about whether a specific post was conductive to harmony and free thought. .

They definitely do, but if they did, the forums would become a wasteland very fast and the banhammer wouldn't get much rest.

Can you imagine me getting the ban hammer the forums would shrink
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash wrote: »

Nah, you're a softie really. There's a big layer of fluff beneath that bony exterior...! :p:*<3

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »

Nah, you're a softie really. There's a big layer of fluff beneath that bony exterior...! :p:*<3
    Bone rot is a serious condition and nothing to joke about.

Hhak63P.png
  • Nagash wrote: »

Nah, you're fine.

Can't banhammer a pile of bones anyway. They'll keep rising from the dead no matter how often or how hard you hammer them.
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • This thread has been a rollercoaster ...
  • Crosim wrote: »
    This thread has been a rollercoaster ...

Aren't they all?
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
    Crosim wrote: »
    This thread has been a rollercoaster ...

Aren't they all?

I would say a bad trip myself :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif