Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

THEORY CRAFTING: Sanctus

T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
After watching Narc's latest video and seeing the spacial distancing from the essesence and what that means and Sanctus being devoid of magic does that mean that Sanctus is located in the Void?
eZC6mjP.gif
Formerly T-Elf

Comments

• Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I don't think anyone really knows. I've seen speculation on these forums. The most interesting was probably somebody who felt Sanctus was reached by space travel. He had a post on these forums a few months back with his thoughts.

My own thought is that Sanctus isn't so much a world as it is a "space" that can be accessed via the essence.

Why I think this is the fact that the lore seems to suggest the escaping Verrans have been on Sanctus for thousands of years (maybe 100s, but certainly a long time). If Sanctus was a full blown world, maybe like Earth, for example, then why haven't those Verrans advanced to a high technological state? Humans have in the length of time that seems to be suggested.

I feel there must be some limiting factor that has stalled their advancement. We know they have no access to essence, hence no magic, but I feel Sanctus must either very poor for life to thrive or very confined.

I'm on tender hooks for the lore though.
  • Options
    As far as I can tell, there is still some Essence in the Void, just a tiny tiny amount. However, Sanctus has none.

Sanctus was created by the goddess of creation purely as a safe haven for the races that were worth saving (screw you, dirty Tulnar...), and can only be accessed through her divine gateways. Maybe this blocks off the flow of the Essence, or maybe she blocked it off herself intentionally, so that the worthy races couldn't make the same decisions the Ancients made?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2020
    T Elf wrote: »
    After watching Narc's latest video and seeing the spacial distancing from the essesence and what that means and Sanctus being devoid of magic does that mean that Sanctus is located in the Void?

Edit: Nvm, saw the video in your other thread.