Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bid to enable FF on guild/alliance members

TyrantorTyrantor Member
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
"A player may not flag on members of the same party, raid, guild or alliance.[84]" This is the only reference I can find for the topic and it's possible i'm reading this incorrectly, with that said I'd still like to pose the case for being able to damage our guild/alliance members.

In my opinion not having friendly fire on guild(and alliance) members limits the games combat in a lot of ways. I would argue that protection from friendly fire should only be available in groups and raid parties it would still allow substantial group size(s) to avoid friendly fire.

"Combat in Ashes of Creation is focused on strategy and tactics"

Here are a few reasons I believe the friendly fire should exist for guilds/alliances outside of group(s).
  • Will create an organic reason for guilds to avoid zerging (likely more so than any guild size related buff system)
  • Stupidity should not have a safe guard (If you can't understand that your AoE spells/Attacks are killing your own team it should cost your team).
  • Avenue to create inner guild/alliance strife
  • Will require "strategy and tactics" in multi group scenarios.
  • Political espionage that could be substantially damaging during sieges.
  • Ultimately it will separate the men from the boys when it comes to team work.

Outside of zero awareness and button masher skill sets is there an argument for not enabling friendly fire outside of group/raid parties?

Tyrantor
Master Assassin
(Yes same Tyrantor from Shadowbane)
Book suggestions:
Galaxy Outlaws books 1-16.5, Metagamer Chronicles, The Land litrpg series, Ready Player One, Zen in the Martial Arts

Comments

• Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want friendly fire too, but I think my reasons are different. I want to be able to smack someone for doing wrong, or even just outright kill them.

I hate when you have to tell someone more then three times to do something in a raid and they don't learn. I would like to be able to add the threat of physical conflict if someone wants to continue to ignore boss mechanics.

I am not sure that I would want FF on all time because while it would be another layer of complexity for players to deal with. It would be another layer of complexity for DEVs to deal with when designing encounters.

What I would prefer is the way l2 did it where you could hold a key combination while attacking to force friendly fire.

I will say that if your idea is something that resonates with the DEVs, and gets adopted into the game. I could totally live with FF on 100% of the time.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.