Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetics

UknownUknown Member
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Hello, I am entirely new to this game, I have heard of it last year (2019,) some not good, some good. I have been watching a lot of videos recently by many people and really looking forward to this. Most MMOs have bored me to death with many of issues. I won't get into any of that, but cosmetics has always been an interest of mine. It started with Path of Exile honestly, and it became sort of a bad habit.

Regarding their system. They have it to where they release boxes with % chances of getting items from said boxes. After that season is over, they release a new box, with new items, but they also release the old box skins from before so people can buy the items if they missed out or something or other.

What am I getting at? Obviously I know there are no % boxes it's just there and you can buy it or not. Would it be possible to buy previous cosmetic items, if not, could there at least be like a 1-5 day preview of the next months cosmetics so people could have the choice of either to buy the current one or the next one?

If it already works like that, I was not aware, so sorry. :S Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    It already works like that. They give you a few days before they swap over the cosmetics to decide if you want to buy the current ones or the next months ones.

You can't buy previous months cosmetics though, once they're gone, they're gone.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yeah, generally I try each month to peek at the cosmetics. Most of the time nothing looks good but every now and then I see something too good to pass up. I know that I need to buy it or miss out forever. Since this shop has been open for years I have a ridiculous amount of stuff. That’s on top of Kickstarter cosmetics.

@Uknown - They also tend to advertise upcoming stuff on social media, blog posts, and so on. Intrepid tries to inform us of what’s coming and warns us when the current stuff won’t be available anymore. If you are worried about missing out you have multiple ways of being informed.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Thank you both for the replies!
  • Options
    KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2020
    There will also be many cosmetics that you can earn in game, that will be on par with those in the cash shop. Not exactly the same but possibly some variants. There will be so many cosmetics eventually that I think it will be impossible to own them all, so i wouldn't worry too much if you miss out on something now. Really the only reason to buy a package now is to support the game development, or to get into the testing phase.

Edit: and yes I do occasionally buy stuff from the monthly cosmetics, I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't feel compelled to :)
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium