Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Neutral players healing and rezzing in guild and node wars

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Do we know anything about what happens when a neutral player is healing, rezzing or buffing players engaged in guild or node war combat?

Guild wars don't use the flagging system, so, as an example, let's say guild A has a group of 7 and need a healer, so they pick up random healer X and venture into a dungeon. Guild B happens to have the same problem with lack of healers, and they pick up random healer Y and venture into the same dungeon.

Guild A and guild B are at war, so of course they start fighting each other. As for both random healer X and Y, all they are seeing are a bunch of non-combatants duking it out, because only the guild members see the enemy guild as enemies.

So what happens? Are the two neutral healers allowed to heal and rez indiscriminately? If so, this could force the members of the other group to flag up and get corruption for killing that neutral healer. They might win the fight without killing the healer, but unless proper mechanics are in place, there is nothing stopping that healer from rezzing the dead party members.

Any system that can be gamed, will be gamed. Especially in PvP. So I have many thoughts and suggestions, but if it has already been addressed somewhere, I want to see that first :smile:

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2020
    We don't have information on this at all, to my knowledge. It would be a good question to ask in a Q&A.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2020
    Node sieges are combat zones. If you are in the area you are fair game.

Guild wars:
    Players killing an enemy guild player do not gain corruption, even if the target hasnt fough back. However, once landing a hit on the target, those players are flagged purple.

If a healer heals the attackers the healer turns purple.
    If a healer heals the victim, the healer doesnt turn purple.
    If the healer is doing a good work keeping the victims alive, the healer will get PKd for sure.

Source? Previous games.
    Reason for the system to change? I see none.
    Does this seem fair so far to u?
    Up2u
    Would it be different in AoC? Who knows.
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun way to turn the tide of a battle! "Which side shall we help today, guys?!"
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    If you have that check-box for flagging with your AOEs and heals available then you will flag. If you do not have that box checked then on completion of the skill it will not flag you because the check was made at the start that there was a flagged party member; and then he will not he or she will not receive the beneficial effect as a result or the damage, if it's an offensive spell.[11] – Steven Sharif

This is intended for the normal flagging system, not guild/node wars, but it could be expanded to those two as well I think.

Option A

Allow neutral players to heal, buff and rez indiscrimininately those other players engaged in guild and node wars.
    On the development side of things, this is probably the easiest option to go with. BDO went with this option for guild wars, at least when I played it.

Option B

Expand the quoted check-box system to include guild and node wars. I believe this would solve some of the gaming of the system we will get with option A.

Basically, if the box is checked, any player in the party providing any sort of buff or heal or rez to a party member actively engaged in guild combat, will also be temporarily flagged as a guild war combatant.

If the box isn't checked, any heals, buffs or rezzes they use will not affect party members actively engaged in guild combat. This should go away again after a short timer.

Option C

This is a more elegant version of option B, essentially. Same system with the check-box opt-in, but specifically when it comes to healing and rezzing, there are different rules.

If the party is engaged in PvE combat, and members of an enemy guild attacks during that, the healer can heal any monster damage inflicted on the attacked party member without any flagging. Any damage done by the enemy guild players is effectively unhealable, unless the healer checks the box and flags for the guild combat.

Same rule goes for rezzing. If the monster gets the killing blow, the healer can rez the dead party member without having to flag. If the enemy guild gets the killing blow, the healer can't rez without being flagged until a certain amount of time has passed.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Right, but node sieges and node wars are two different things. A node war isn't confined to a specific area. It's pretty much the same as a guild war, just on a larger scale.
    Guild wars:
    Players killing an enemy guild player do not gain corruption, even if the target hasnt fough back. However, once landing a hit on the target, those players are flagged purple.

If the healer is doing a good work keeping the victims alive, the healer will get PKd for sure.

That's not how the system works though. I mean, the no corruption part is true, but there is no purple flagging in a guild war. A neutral bystander will only see a bunch of greens attacking each other, even if they are in the same party as some of those fighting. What color the warring guilds see each other as I don't know, but I hope it's neither purple nor red, so it's easy to see that it is an enemy guild member and not a random combatant or corrupted.

Or did you mean it as a suggestion of how you would change the current system? If so, it would break the part where they've stated that party members can't flag on each other, if the healer can heal the attacking players outside the party and thus flag against the player in the party.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited October 2022
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Sounds like a fun way to turn the tide of a battle! "Which side shall we help today, guys?!"

This is not good.

I believe that interfering in wars should give corruption to the neutrals, because they can't legally fight that war so it is a crime.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options

Guild wars:

Source? Previous games.
    Reason for the system to change? I see none.
    Does this seem fair so far to u?
    Up2u
    Would it be different in AoC? Who knows.

My reference is Eve Online, in EVE if a neutral heals people who are legally at war that will turn the healer as a criminal, he will get the red timer...that is equivalent to the red in AoC.

I think that in AoC the neutrals interefering in wars should get Corruption, because they are fighting a war that it's not theirs, it's just a criminal activity.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited October 2022
    Neutrals interfering in wars should get the purple and if the people he is helping get a kill then the healers should become red... Corruption to them!

They have no legal right in fighting that war, if neutrals are healing in a war then they should be turned purple, so the opposing war party can kill the healers.

If the war target dies without fighting the neutral healers, then all neutral healers should go red. That should happen even if the war target attacks his war aggressor.