Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How to deal with robots in the studio

The robots in the studio are well known to be spurned. For example, in WOW, due to the proliferation of robots, the game has gone from popular to the present.
The robots in the studio basically use game mechanics to allow robots to survive in the game. If the mechanics in the game make the robots unable to survive, the number of robots will be greatly reduced.
Robots are all mechanized, and there will be no feedback. If the robot has mechanisms and skills in the process of fighting monsters, when a robot cannot respond, such as dodge, etc., the robot will not be able to kill the monster. Can't survive. Therefore, if the difficulty of the monster is increased, only a timely response can be used to kill it. This will greatly reduce the number of robots and the player can also gain game capabilities.
For instance, in World of Warcraft, where there is a huge gap in equipment levels or the robot can be perfectly killed by the mechanism, most copies of WOW can be used. This is a design flaw. In the old version of the Korean game Shenyou, the robot wants to be It is a fantasy to have such an ability to ship the game copy. Can the robot survive when it is impossible?
However, when the studio has a large number of robots, operators are also cooperating with the studio with the machine, instead of trying to fight against the studio. It is conceivable that there is a secret transaction between the two.
So if you want to create a new future in MMORPG games, should these be considered?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    ashleyyn wrote: »
    Robots are all mechanized, and there will be no feedback.
    This part here is incorrect.

Botting scripts are able to pick up on queues from encounters, and act accordingly. This doesn't happen in simple games like WoW, but only because it is not needed - not because it is not possible.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

Botting scripts are able to pick up on queues from encounters, and act accordingly. This doesn't happen in simple games like WoW, but only because it is not needed - not because it is not possible.
    Have you never played games? The robots in the studio basically use the mechanism. The simpler the game, the more profitable it will be. The game resources are obtained from the various environments of the game. When you do not take action, the wild area will be There are robots everywhere, but you don't experience the fear of being dominated by robots. Your ignorance and the robots of the studio will not invade.
    In the new large-scale MMORPG, there must be studio robots as their projects

• Options
    The above are purely personal views, but please also the official carefully consider the current situation of the game, settle for the present or change the share of MMORPG
  • Options

Have you never played games? The robots in the studio basically use the mechanism. The simpler the game, the more profitable it will be. The game resources are obtained from the various environments of the game. When you do not take action, the wild area will be There are robots everywhere, but you don't experience the fear of being dominated by robots. Your ignorance and the robots of the studio will not invade.
    In the new large-scale MMORPG, there must be studio robots as their projects

You have not experienced the fear of being dominated by robots in the studio. In China, some people use robots to dominate the game. Robots can be seen everywhere, sometimes more than normal players. Some studio members also cooperate with operators to harm The interests of players, such as NetEase, Tencent, these two big game companies, they are shameful
    I am just an ordinary player, I hope to have a good game environment and games
  • Options
    You have not experienced the fear of being dominated by robots in the studio.
    I have no idea at all what you even mean by robots in the studio.
    Some studio members also cooperate with operators to harm The interests of players, such as NetEase, Tencent, these two big game companies, they are shameful
    Neither NetEase nor Tencent are involved in this game, so what they may or may not get up to is of absolutely no relevence to us.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Robots in the studio = scripts/botting
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    It is the "in the studio" part that makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I believe studio=game, maybe based on the assumption that “Intrepid Studios” means “Intrepid Games”?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    I believe studio=game, maybe based on the assumption that “Intrepid Studios” means “Intrepid Games”?
    I though about this, but if you look at every time the word studio is used (ctrl+F makes this easy) it doesn't really always work. Also, the word "game" is used correctly in this context at least once.

My asusmption is that the poster believes game studios are either involved in, or at least complicit in, bots running in their games. This was a common conspiracy type thing going around a number of games well over a decade ago. As with most conspiracy theories, a good number of people actually honestly believed it was happening despite the obvious fact that if the developer was involved, they could just spawn the currency or items in to the game directly and then sell them - so no need for bots.

Obviously something here has been lost in translation, I am just trying to find it.
  • Options
    My asusmption is that the poster believes game studios are either involved in, or at least complicit in, bots running in their games.

Sounds like it:
    Some studio members also cooperate with operators to harm The interests of players
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    It may just be lost in translation. The poster is chinese.

I had assumptions what it meant, but now that the poster made it clear that he is talking about botting, it makes sense.

What else can be done than to have realtime monitoring. Every protection can get bypassed, so unless you have staff to banhammer botters as soon as they are reported, there is not much you can do to prevent botting.
    A good protection will lower the amount of botters that come through and may detect abnormal behavior that could be botting, but in the end, you need a human to clean up the mess.
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • Options
    If we are talking about just generic botting, Intrepid have said a while ago that they plan on having one of the most (if not "the" most) sophisticated botting detection systems out there.

Needless to say, they didn't go in to any more detail than that.

But if just generic botting was the issue the OP had, even with translation issues, the post could have been a whole lot simpler/clearer.
  • Options
    Don't they all have the "most advanced anti-botting system", until it gets bypassed.
    EternalFliPSignature.png
    Eternal Guild
    ( Web | Discord )
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    FliP wrote: »
    Don't they all have the "most advanced anti-botting system", until it gets bypassed.

Everyone has the "best system ever" till its released and everyone kills it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

A lot of games don't put much thought in to it until after the game goes live, meaning any system they add will be tacked on.

Very few games have anything like this built in to the game from an early stage.
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

When you want the AOC to be a phenomenaty game, it means you're going to be top of the studio unless you don't want to go online. Games on the market today will meet the challenge of studio robots, and if you fail, it means that games will fall, for example, IFOW, as long as you are hot enough to see the shadow of studio robots in any country
  • Options
    If we are talking about just generic botting, Intrepid have said a while ago that they plan on having one of the most (if not "the" most) sophisticated botting detection systems out there.

But if just generic botting was the issue the OP had, even with translation issues, the post could have been a whole lot simpler/clearer.

In this aspect of studio robot detection, you can go and see Korean games, Blizzard games, they do not have the ability to prevent the studio robot attack, unless you can be more advanced than them, more can only, more artificial. At present, studio robots often find ways to crack them unless you monitor them manually for a long time. At the moment, no MMORPG studio can take this into account during the research and development phase to try to resist them, I hope you can be interested in this aspect

In front of the studio robot, as long as there is an interest, no matter how advanced your monitoring, will find a way to crack
  • Options

A lot of games don't put much thought in to it until after the game goes live, meaning any system they add will be tacked on.

Very few games have anything like this built in to the game from an early stage.

Many games often don't think about studio robots before they go online, and when the game goes online, the madness of seeing studio robots improves, but by this time studio robots are already running crazy, and no matter how you struggle, you'll try everything you can to crack them. Go and see Blizzard's WOW, they're one of the victims
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I am still no closer to understanding what you mean by studio robots.

These two words don't make sense together, and there are at least two vastly different assumptions as to what you mean here in this thread.

An explanation of what a studio robot is to you would go a long way here.

It could be referring to just regular bots.
    It could be referring to the idea that the developers are running bots.
    It could be referring to purchased third party bots.

It could also be none of these.
  • Options

In front of the interests of the studio robot is crazy (robot; can be script, external, robot, robot, synchrotron, etc.) game is developed by human, someone will try their best to crack, bypass it, unless you from the game's environmental mechanism to let him live to make him out of reach, otherwise in front of the detection mechanism, often will not be effective to put an end to, you can query the robot has crazy, when a game is hot, meaning that there will be a large number of studio robots to join, detection mechanism is not enough, At present, there is no game on the market can really do perfect detection studio robot, some people with an employee open several or even dozens of accounts, or use a machine to manipulate the robot, detection mechanism simply can not distinguish
  • Options

These two words don't make sense together, and there are at least two vastly different assumptions as to what you mean here in this thread.

Robots in the studio = damage the games of the game development company to gain benefits. Even crimes cannot stop them from advancing in the face of benefits. You can search for how many citizens have entered the prison for using these robots, but the restricted area is only a small part, and some game companies will cooperate with them
    Fearless Studio = Victim
    So you should understand
  • Options

Yes, this is indeed the case. The detection mechanism is often not enough, and the cooperation of the staff is needed to prevent them.
  • Options
    It may just be lost in translation. The poster is chinese.

I had assumptions what it meant, but now that the poster made it clear that he is talking about botting, it makes sense.

What else can be done than to have realtime monitoring. Every protection can get bypassed, so unless you have staff to banhammer botters as soon as they are reported, there is not much you can do to prevent botting.
    A good protection will lower the amount of botters that come through and may detect abnormal behavior that could be botting, but in the end, you need a human to clean up the mess.

Yes, this is indeed the case. The detection mechanism is often not enough, and the cooperation of the staff is needed to prevent them.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I think the word studio is related to workshop.
    As in: Gold Farming Workshop

@ashleyyn
    There are some ideas AoC will use to fight this (more than the normal methods):
    • your inventory size is 1% of caravan inventory size. It will be very inefficient to carry materials in your own bag. So players will collect materials in groups. You can destroy someone's caravan and win materials. So if robot studios use caravans, any player can become rich when they destroy the caravan. So players will find robot studios to steal their materials.
    • Monsters do not drop gold nor money. Only materials. You can sell materials for money, but your inventory is small. You need a caravan.
    • Salary employed Game Masters (GM) - they will be paid to roam the world and find these activities (and other things)

that's all I can remember hahaha
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options

@ashleyyn
    • your inventory size is 1% of caravan inventory size. It will be very inefficient to carry materials in your own bag. So players will collect materials in groups. You can destroy someone's caravan and win materials. So if robot studios use caravans, any player can become rich when they destroy the caravan. So players will find robot studios to steal their materials.
    • Monsters do not drop gold nor money. Only materials. You can sell materials for money, but your inventory is small. You need a caravan.
    • Salary employed Game Masters (GM) - they will be paid to roam the world and find these activities (and other things)

The robots in the studio often seek cooperation. When the backpack has enough materials, they will transfer them. These materials will be transferred to an ordinary player or a player in a large guild, so as to get shelter. This is inevitable. Although the caravan looks very Beautiful, but there are ways to solve it
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

@ashleyyn

The robots in the studio often seek cooperation. When the backpack has enough materials, they will transfer them. These materials will be transferred to an ordinary player or a player in a large guild, so as to get shelter. This is inevitable. Although the caravan looks very Beautiful, but there are ways to solve it
    I see what you mean. I hope that if the people using bot scripts are working in a group, it makes them easier to identify and ban in numbers.

Hhak63P.png