Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster coin system and story content

I just watched lazy peon's video on Shadowlands and noticed that in the story missions in WoW you sometimes get to control a giant monster or some kind of giant character. That's a cool feature to make story missions have the extra spectacle factor. And since the monster coin system is a thing in AoC I just wanted to point out it will be cool to have that in consideration when designing story content (I know we are still far away from that point in the development, but still wanted to bring it up)

Comments

• Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I agree. It would be awesome to queue up for a monster and randomly be chosen for a leader type monster that just tramples through. Here's hoping it's not just a zerg of the same mobs!
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you haven`t seen, this might help picture one of the ways it might lead

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1At83ext_b8
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Oh look another think WoW "made"
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Completely low on the list, maybe for an expansion years after, but I would have fun being able to que up to take over the body of a random mid-level monster out in the wild / open world dungeon. Basically you place yourself in a que and at any moment, could be a minute later or 30 minutes later, but it's random to prevent abuse, and suddenly your body goes into sleep mode and you're suddenly now controlling some random goblin that is half way across the world at a random location, or maybe you got put into an octopus in the ocean! Then you can go off and try to find and random adventurer to do monster things to (gank). Clearly lots of balancing and abuse prevention needed. The monster can't be too strong, most players should be able to beat your monster one on one. Also the que system has to keep a cap on the max number of people in mob bodies, can't have half the player base running around as mobs. It would need to be a low cap, like only 50 people at any one time. The RP possibilities are exciting. But as always, balancing and anti-griefing measures would be a main focus in the system. The monster coin system is similar to this and can't wait for it, but I would enjoy both systems in place. But by no means is it a core mechanic to try to get in, lots of other things to build first.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    Yeah, I wasn’t playing monsters fighting against players years again in LotRO or anything..,

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Yeah, I wasn’t playing monsters fighting against players years again in LotRO or anything..,

Name one thing WoW has not copied :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »

Name one thing WoW has not copied :D
    I was going to say Murlocs but they are just rip-offs of the Frogloks in EQ.

The battle pet system is Pokémon.

Pandaren clearly imitated Kung Fu Panda.

Maybe Epicus Maximus?

184491-epicus-maximus.jpg

Hhak63P.png