QOTD: What do YOU think of possibly having an in game cosmetic shop that uses arena tokens?

YuquiyuYuquiyu Member
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
tittle is self explanatory
i would love to know what you guys think about this idea since arena 1v1s are being said to be in the works for AoC i feel like it shouldn't be just practice but possibly have rank ladders that unlock new tiers of shop and uses a currency earned only through the arena?

of course it would be purely cosmetic but the rewards go up in price the higher in the rank ladder you go
while also providing way more interesting effects/looks (what i mean by effects would be like cool little particle effects that come off lets say the armor when it jumps) and the like!

an example of the system would be this (this is how i feel it could work as it could be fairly balanced aswell as immersive)
lets say an average arena match lasts 4 minutes (im pretty sure the arena will be fairly open from the cinematics i saw)
a win gives you 3 arena tokens and a loss doesn't give any (lets say it gives you one if you actually did some damage and actually tried to win) for example after around 700 damage if you lose you still get 1 token for your efforts!
there would be 10 tiers to start with and the rank of the player could be reset lets say when a season has ended
tiers 1 provides minimal shop options with just a transmog for boots and maybe a skin for your horse that while looks decent is extremely expensive if your just starting out (lets say 30 arena tokens) skipping ahead to tier 5 you get a few more options
for example cosmetic skins for weapons and select armor pieces! skip ahead to tier 10 and you get a wide arrange of cosmetics ranging from weapons to armors and possibly even skins exclusive to some of the highest rated players that cost ALOT but look amazing!

implementing a leaderboard for the whole world to see would be kinda cool too aswell as having server local leaderboards!
this is just an idea and i would love to know what you guys think!

854168_cannonbreed_dark-souls-bonfire.gif?f1553090073

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    No.

The point of a cosmetic shop is to make money.

They can have the occasional cosmetic reward for this kind of thing, but having two cosmetic shops, or one shop with two currencies, is just not a good idea.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    No.

They can have the occasional cosmetic reward for this kind of thing, but having two cosmetic shops, or one shop with two currencies, is just not a good idea.

could you go into more detail about this
    i personally don't see why a shop that's designed to reward players who put time and effort into arena's would be so bad?
    its done very well in other games and most of the time have another cosmetic shop alongside the arena one

i don't really see why it would be such an issue to reward players who put the time who put the effort and who put to performance with a simple cosmetic shop
    but please delve into more detail about this! i wanna see how this could be potentially bad for the game
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yuquiyu wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    No.

i personally don't see why a shop that's designed to reward players who put time and effort into arena's would be so bad?
    its done very well in other games and most of the time have another cosmetic shop alongside the arena one

i don't really see why it would be such an issue to reward players who put the time who put the effort and who put to performance with a simple cosmetic shop
    but please delve into more detail about this! i wanna see how this could be potentially bad for the game

I didn't say not to reward players in the arena, there are already plans to award cosmetics, as far as I know.

It is the shop part I am talking about.

Sure, some games have multiple shops, or multiple currencies in a single shop. However, in all such situations, it is tacky, adds confusion and just comes across as generally unprofessional.

Implementing a single shop with a single currency should be fine, and other methods should be used to hand out in game rewards to players for various achievements.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    Yuquiyu wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    No.

I didn't say not to reward players in the arena, there are already plans to award cosmetics, as far as I know.

It is the shop part I am talking about.

Sure, some games have multiple shops, or multiple currencies in a single shop. However, in all such situations, it is tacky, adds confusion and just comes across as generally unprofessional.

Implementing a single shop with a single currency should be fine, and other methods should be used to hand out in game rewards to players for various achievements.

tyvm for clearing it up! i understand your perspective and actually agree.
    tyvm for the info man!