Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Just preordered and wondering when beta access will be available

notzeKnotzeK Member
edited December 2020 in Support & FAQ
title is self explanatory, purchased the $75 expeditionary pack just a while ago and have been searching for information as to when the next beta phase is, and how to download. any replies are appreciated <3

Comments

• Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hate to break it to ya but they still aren't finished with pre alpha so there's no telling atm
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2020
    Years away. The Alphas haven't even started yet and the Alphas are going to be the long phases. Betas will be very very quick as the game will be basically done by then, just last minute optimisation/marketing.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is a copy/paste from the wiki and is subject to change. We are a long way from beta unfortunately. Hang in there though, it will be worth it!

Alpha-1 preview pre-test 1 (NDA).[1] Dec 18 - Dec 21 2020.[1]
    Alpha-1 preview pre-test 2 (NDA).[1] Feb 19 - Feb 22 2021.[1]
    Alpha-1 preview pre-test 3 (no NDA).[1] Mar 19 - Mar 26 2021.[1]
    Alpha-1 release (no NDA).[1][22] April 6 - May 6 2021.[1]
    Alpha-2 (persistent alpha).[23][24] -
    Beta Betas won through the weekly drawings ("Beta-0").[25] After Alphas, but before Betas.[25]
    Beta-1. -
    Beta-2. -
    Pre‑release Head start for crowdfunding backers at the Founder level and above.[26] 1-2 days before launch.[26][27]
    Release Launch (live) release. To be announced.[28]
    Post‑launch Major releases (DLC expansions). Quarterly.[29]
    Minor releases. Monthly.[29]
  • In case you want to check the wiki on your own:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You have a LOOOOOONG wait ahead of you
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • McShaveMcShave Member
    edited December 2020
    just a guess here, but i'd say late 2022 probably, maybe even 2023
  • Just make sure you have the patience to wait for > 2 years.

Occasionally we would see ppl rant on the forums about how much they've paid / contributed and have waited for years and still isn't able to play ... which isn't helpful at all :/
  • Just make sure you have the patience to wait for > 2 years.

Occasionally we would see ppl rant on the forums about how much they've paid / contributed and have waited for years and still isn't able to play ... which isn't helpful at all :/

It rallies the community together to collectively shame the person in the thread lol
  • wowfoodwowfood Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I think part of that is Intrepids own fault though, having 2018 as the expected delivery date on their kickstarter. Getting a normal scale RPG out in that timeframe would have been impressive, let alone an MMORPG like Ashes.

I'm just glad they appear to be working towards a common goal, and making continual progress. Reminds me I need to see if there are any updates on Star Citizen yet.
    wowfood wrote: »
    I think part of that is Intrepids own fault though, having 2018 as the expected delivery date on their kickstarter. Getting a normal scale RPG out in that timeframe would have been impressive, let alone an MMORPG like Ashes.

I'm just glad they appear to be working towards a common goal, and making continual progress. Reminds me I need to see if there are any updates on Star Citizen yet.

well the did deliver the things on in 2018 just not the game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    wowfood wrote: »

Lets look at that from the kickstarter page, I am picking the most popular package here.
    Pledge US$ 50 or more
    Settler
    Invite to Closed Beta - Phase 2
    1 Additional Month of game time (2 Total)
    Kickstarter Exclusive - White Runic Steed
    Access to in-game Chat Emoji pack - Tier 2
    Additional character creation customization options - Tier 2
    Unique "Settler" forum badge
    Unique in-game character title "Settler"

Plus all previous rewards!!

ESTIMATED DELIVERY
    Dec 2018
    While this does say extimated delivery of this package was extimated to be December 2018, you will note that this package does not say the game will be ready by this date. The date of delivery was for the package, and anyone that was registered with Intrepid recieved this package well and truely before that estimate.

People that thought that this meant the game would be finished by December 2018 are simply people that didn't pay attention. It is a fault of those people, not a fault of Intrepid.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    tenor.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Intrepid did estimate a 2020 release at one point though, so while 2018 may never have been official the game is years behind the original schedule. We don’t want to play revisionist historians here.

Hhak63P.png
  • Nagash wrote: »

oh come on, in geologic terms it barely even registers! :D
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is all a misunderstanding because everyone thinks Verra is round.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

oh come on, in geologic terms it barely even registers! :D

Don't test me rat
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
  • Hey there! Looks like some folks above already got you some answers from the helpful community-run wiki, and we also have an article on our support site here that includes our latest plans for testing and release: https://ashesofcreation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016315013-What-are-the-Alpha-Beta-Release-dates-

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over to our Support & FAQ section and close it out, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's any other questions we can help answer!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.