Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Backer pack

WhiskyWhisky Member
edited December 2020 in Support & FAQ
Hello,

I apologize if this has been covered however if I buy a backer pack today (11 Dec 2020) when would I actually be able to start testing the game? From what I have gathered there is no static test server but there is an NDA-covered pre-test coming up on the 18th but the pack says BETA 2. So I am just trying to see when I would be able to start participating in-game?

Thank you for any help, and again I apologize if this is covered somewhere and I missed it.

Comments

• Options
    Alpha 1 is the one that is going to be starting soon.

There's no date for Beta 2 but it's a long time away.
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Beta 2 is years away. The betas are going to be very short tests in comparison to the alpha tests which will be much longer. The alphas are going to be where the actual testing happens. The betas will basically be the complete game, just last-minute optimisation and some marketing before launch,
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Whisky If you want your hands on it the soonest possible way, the best value is the $250 package that gives you access to alpha 2 and both betas. The great thing about this package is that the game will be "out" for alpha 2 until the launch of the game. You will be able to help shape the game with feedback and submit found bugs/glitches as well. Once the game launches, this persistent server will become the public test realm for the games new content to be tested. Hope this helps your decision!
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    @Whisky If you want your hands on it the soonest possible way, the best value is the $250 package that gives you access to alpha 2 and both betas. The great thing about this package is that the game will be "out" for alpha 2 until the launch of the game. You will be able to help shape the game with feedback and submit found bugs/glitches as well. Once the game launches, this persistent server will become the public test realm for the games new content to be tested. Hope this helps your decision!

it does actually, I typed BETA 2, when I meant Alpha 2, but from what I am reading here I would be able to start helping to test as soon as a test event becomes available?
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yes. Alpha 1 (which we cannot get because the sandal god has limited this glorious object) ends in about 6 months. I would imagine that there will be a heavy development phase after that based on what they learn from these alpha events.

After this, alpha 2 should begin which will be persistent until launch. I am hoping that this begins next summer or fall (but this is a WILD guess).
  • Options
    Very cool, thank you fore the input
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2020
    Hi Whisky

Regarding Alpha 2 testing, we don't have a set date for it yet because it depends entirely on how Alpha 1 testing goes and what kind of bugs are discovered. Games development is rather fluid in that manner.

Anyway, I'm going to move this thread over to the Support forum and close it since it's now been answered. If you have any other questions or would like more clarification, please feel free to reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.